G-10 Police

Hi Sal, thank you for answering the mail on sharpening. I have a couple of questions on the G-10 Police. I recently bought one through the internet. Looking it over I noticed that it did not have Police etch into the blade. You recently answered the mail on that but are there any other things absent from the knife? Reason being is that my G-10 has one space between the blade and back scale. There is no space between the blade and front scale. If grit get in between the front scale and blade will the G-10 handle the wear(burnishing)? I like the screws used to secure the blade and tension spring but I don't understand the rivets on the back portion of the knife. Aside from my questions and comments I admire the knife for it design and craftmanship. I am planning to send your products as gifts to my friends and family. Thank you, Endre

Endre - If by "space", you mean a liner, yes this is true. The stainless liner is there to screw the clip screws into. G-10 is great for a lot of things, but holding threads isn't one of them (in my opinion). The liner is not needed on the front scale because the is no clip there. The G-10 is as least as abrasion resistant as the steel liner (or more so), so you shouldn't have any problems there. "No more than necessary, no less than perfect" is the goal. Hope you enjoy the model. I carry this model often and have been pleased with the results of this team effort.
sal

Back