G10 Espadas - NEW FOR 2015

Cold Steel Knives

The Medium & Large models of the new G10 Espada series - with XHP steel and DLC coating - are in stock and shipping now!

Large_G10_Espada__thin.jpg

LINK

Pricey but i sure like it. Got to save up......

If we are keeping it real, $180 + shipping (street price) for the XHP is quite a price jump from the current $74.72 + free shipping for the AUS8A. I suspect that many will be willing to pay the $100+ premium for the increased edge retention of the XHP and the coated blade. Its a cool knife, and I want one if the price ever migrates down about $70. But there are many value-oriented customers who will be left out in the cold (pun) with the move to spendy steels. I would advocate offering these knives in either steel. Just a little customer feedback here from a long time CS owner and user. We will see how this all shakes out in the end.

Dear CS, is the blade flat ground or hollow ground? Still waiting for your confirmation on this.

To my knowledge the Large and Estra Large models feature a saber grind with a high flat grind. The Medium features a saber grind with a high hollow grind.

Will there be any un-coated and/or bolstered versions of the XHP Espadas?

We will still have the shiny bladed, polished G10 / bolstered versions, but upgraded to CTS XHP
They aren't shipping yet, but I'm hoping to see them released very soon
Thanks!

Back