Photos G10 Harpy

Hi everyone.. I managed to pick this up, does it look right to all you knowledgeable people on here!.. there’s some writing on the clip

Wayne

I think I posted wrong earlier today, So I’ll try again.. Hi everyone, I picked up this knife a week ago, I’m going to try and post some pictures..does it look right to you knowledgeable people. There’s some writing on the clip
Wayne 15223B73-E113-4DC8-AC46-915A000CE3E8.jpeg77F06103-47C5-4D67-8C73-D85DB0DC4E6B.jpegFE48BB21-B730-4163-8D72-E9A26DB875E1.jpeg27EE49C1-84A0-4A90-B479-EBD216814E94.jpeg

I see two of several problems. I'm holding my G10 Harpy in my hand.
Your G10 isn't buffed. It's ruff. I've had two G10 Harpies and both have buffed G10.
I don't see a liner. The G10 Harpy has a single stainless liner that is clearly visible even at a slight angle.

Here is a similar angle low light pic. The stainless liner is very visible.

7tGD37V.jpg

Looks good to me. Not saying its not possible but I really can't see anyone cloning this, it wasn't a big seller when new, so many better ones to clone.
C08GSBlack G-10SEATS-551997-1999 G10 versions made.

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail2.jpgthumbnail3.jpgthumbnail4.jpg

There are MANY, MANY variations in the Harpy/Merlin (C08) line.

Too many for me to ever consider trying to collect, although I do have a FRN SE Gin2 Merlin (aka Harpy) made around 1993-1994. which was one of the 1st Spydercos that I ever purchased.

There's no reason question that the OP's Harpy is authentic, especially since it comes w/an apparently genuine box and "literature" for the period, which is something cloners always seem to fail to replicate accurately. I also don't think there's much $ in it for cloners to bother faking a Harpy/Merlin.

Nothing said in SpydieWikie about buffed versus unbuffered (or liner versus linerless) G10 models that were made around 1997-1999 per SpydieWiki.
See: http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C08_Harpy.

There are a lot of linerless G10 Spydercos, especially those that are backlocked (like the Harpy/Merlin) which do not require a liner to begin with.

Last edited:
There are MANY, MANY variations in the Harpy/Merlin (C08) line.

Too many for me to ever consider trying to collect, although I do have a FRN SE Gin2 Merlin (aka Harpy) made around 1993-1994. which was one of the 1st Spydercos that I ever purchased.

There's no reason question that the OP's Harpy is authentic, especially since it comes w/an apparently genuine box and "literature" for the period, which is something cloners always seem to fail to replicate accurately. I also don't think there's much $ in it for cloners to bother faking a Harpy/Merlin.

Nothing said in SpydieWikie about buffed versus unbuffered (or liner versus linerless) G10 models that were made around 1997-1999 per SpydieWiki.
See: http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C08_Harpy.

There are a lot of linerless G10 Spydercos, especially those that are backlocked (like the Harpy/Merlin) which do not require a liner to begin with.
Just another question if I may.. what value would you put on it, as it’s unused, and as you say comes with the box and literature
Regards
Wayne

When available, I use EB's record of past sales as an indicator of current value for knives and other things and, as of today, there are 4 reported sales of "new" G10 Harpy's in the past 2 months in the $170-200 range which is think is a reasonable price.

Go take a look for yourself.

My Harpy was bought new when it was in the catalog. Supposedly, per ad copy, the first G10 version. It has a single steel liner and Ats55 steel.

Back