GA Knifemakers Guild

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I'm headed out today to the GA Knifemakers Guild meeting in Statesboro. Its my first meeting I'm attending. Something was always coming up during previous meetings. Hopefully they like my work, and accept me as a full member. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Dude, I'm sure you're as good as in. Good luck anyways. Tell me every detail when you get back.

I can't imagine a scenario in which they would not be honored to have you in their midst! Does that mean you are taking a sampling of your work to show them?

Bet those are some sweeties! :)

You don't have to say a word - just show your wares and they will speak volumes. Bon chance mon ami....errrr...good luck buddy! :D

They would be crazy not to let you in! Or incredibly jealous... ;)

Good luck.

I have to show them 5 pieces, and they have to approve them. There are truly great makers there. My work doesn't compare IMO.

I think he's still there. When I heard about the guild meeting, I was told it was Saturday the 27th.

What a weekend. I was juried into the Ga Knifemakers Guild today. Whew. Also, I got an application and the required 4 nat'l Guild member signatures reqd for application to that guild.

And if that wasn't enough I got to meet fifty or so quality artisans and great folks. The talent of those men was truly humbling. I won't call myself a peer but they sure did welcome me that way.

ok. "juried in" means they think you are a qualified knifemaker, right?

Well, of course you are ! jeez.

Glad you met some folks whose level of quality work you appreciate.

Congratulations, Andy. Never a question in my mind about it, but I'd packed a suitcase, just in case they needed encouragement. :)

Back