Ganga Ram!

My Ganga Ram Villager arrived today from Yangdu's 1/09 posting (that's FAST!!!) and it is superb. This is my first Ganga Ram, and I can see why this is such a popular model. It feels so right!

This one measures 16 3/8" with a 5 1/2" handle, and weighs a nice 25.5 ounces. The blade, handle, bolster and scabbard are all perfect, and the chakma is most unique! I usually end up tweaking the handles a bit but this one needs nothing! Top notch craftsmanship throughout.

I can't wait to chop something (besides the box)!!!!

Thanks, Yangdu!

Geoffrey

That sounds like a very good size. As effective as the larger Rams are, I believe that the model really comes into its own in the 15-16" range, 20-24 (or 25 ;) ) ounce weight. They cut better than they ought to for a given size and weight. 17" and under, they're very handy as well.

Enjoy your new khukuri.

Welcome to the club. :) I got a Bura-made villager at the last MWKK and it's incredible. I used that blade to chop through several rock-hard logs that were at least six inches in diameter, then put it back in the sheath for about seven months. The edge on it still scares me. Truly phenomenal.

I love mine too (Bura, 18", Chandan). Certainly my best chopper. Whatcha gonna get next?:rolleyes:

I'm glad you like your Baby Ganga Ram. I like both of mine, small and large.

munk

Back