Recommendation? Ganzo G301/302 ? Please share experience with this !

I'm looking at a Ganzo G301-H for under$30 .

Please share your experience pro or con with this or similar models .

Decent for the price, nice spring action and solid construction. Tools could be longer (not really "compact" and wasted space) and the things are heavy for the size. Implements work, but are not the "best" (ex: SAK saws are better, LM scissors much nicer, SOG files way above, Gerber drivers absolutely sturdier, stronger, etc.) in their respective categories.

CAM02977_zpsj5aw22nc.jpg

The additional bit kit and sheath are quite good and price is fairly low for what you get, however I'd recommend getting a second hand or used Gerber (such as an old MP600, MP800 or MP400, Diesel or Flik) or find a previously owned Leatherman (Wave, Rebar, ST300) for a tad bit more.

CAM02952_zpskk6acc6a.jpg

For the same $ more or less I'd also pick a Wingman, Sidekick, or used SOG (Powerlock, PPP) before I'd take the Ganzo, TBH. Warranty is also important in the decision.

CAM02973_zpsmvpiygsa.jpg

But they ain't bad, especially since you can get them shipped worldwide for the same price. Above 90% of Chinese stuff but not on par with the Big 4 companies' offerings

Thanks Peacent ! As always your pics and opinion are most valued .

I understand that the Ganzo is not up to same quality as the big name brands .But I probably would only need occasionally for light use . I've got a ton of tools for any serious work but thought that this might be handy sometimes when I forget a particular tool (or even my whole kit ) and waste time going back to my shop .

I need an included bit kit and a locking system on the multi and like the idea of standard hex bits .

I've looked at the Wave but then I'd have get their proprietary bit kits IIRC ? Probably I can't justify the $$$$ .

Maybe I'll spot a good deal on a used model Wave or similar .

Decent for the price, nice spring action and solid construction. Tools could be longer (not really "compact" and wasted space) and the things are heavy for the size. Implements work, but are not the "best" (ex: SAK saws are better, LM scissors much nicer, SOG files way above, Gerber drivers absolutely sturdier, stronger, etc.) in their respective categories.

CAM02977_zpsj5aw22nc.jpg

The additional bit kit and sheath are quite good and price is fairly low for what you get, however I'd recommend getting a second hand or used Gerber (such as an old MP600, MP800 or MP400, Diesel or Flik) or find a previously owned Leatherman (Wave, Rebar, ST300) for a tad bit more.

CAM02952_zpskk6acc6a.jpg

For the same $ more or less I'd also pick a Wingman, Sidekick, or used SOG (Powerlock, PPP) before I'd take the Ganzo, TBH. Warranty is also important in the decision.

CAM02973_zpsmvpiygsa.jpg

But they ain't bad, especially since you can get them shipped worldwide for the same price. Above 90% of Chinese stuff but not on par with the Big 4 companies' offerings
Well:poop: ! Now you've got me looking at the Gerber Centerline because the driver is probably the most important for me . But the cost is 3X the Ganzo .:eek:

I have on order the G301-H .:) For less than $28 , it just seems unbeatable and has what I need with a standard hex drive kit . I know everyone is simply aquiver with eager anticipation !:rolleyes: I'll try to post a review which I'm sure will be lovingly received .o_O

I've had the Ganzo for awhile, kinda clunky but works. About on par with a Gerber Suspension to me.

The BG Multitools and Suspension were manufactured on the same facility as the Ganzo tools, FWIW. Same OEM, different branding and small details/paint/finish.
My understanding is that Ganzo is the OEM for many brand named tools / knives and that their actual market share worldwide is substantial . I only have a couple of their knives . The G723 frame lock is the one I really abused . I even used it as a throwing knife . It survived and only needed some minor work and sharpening . High value beater IMO . That's why I have high hopes for their multitool . We'll just have to see !:)

My understanding is that Ganzo is the OEM for many brand named tools / knives and that their actual market share worldwide is substantial . I only have a couple of their knives . The G723 frame lock is the one I really abused . I even used it as a throwing knife . It survived and only needed some minor work and sharpening . High value beater IMO . That's why I have high hopes for their multitool . We'll just have to see !:)

Ganzo is indeed the OEM for many knife, MT and gear companies or just re-branded products you find in Europe and the US. But they deliver the quality that the companies pay for, so if you give them a $10 limit for the tool they give you that, if you up that to let's say $30 they can deliver much more capable and durable stuff, as we've seen many times.

I've owned 3 Ganzo multies, and 8 of their knives, have only been disappointed by two of them, same or less as many other companies.

Back