Gaucho Knife

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
This is a one off knife I've made. Its a Gaucho knife, which, like most everything I know about knives, I learned here. I'm going to donate 1/2 of the proceeds from the sale of this knife to Steve for Ram. It'll go on sale in the Makers for Sale section later this week for $200 shipped. I'll have to make a sheath for it later this week also.

Gaucho Knife! 3/16" thick 01 steel, 13" OAL, 8" Blade, Ironwood handle with red and black spacers.

gau67-vi.jpg

gau68-vi.jpg

Good on ya, Andy:) I was hoping you'd post a pic over here for the guys to see. I love that one:thumbup:

I do miss posting pics here. But I'll keep them to ones for Ram. THe rest of the knives I finished this weekend can be viewed in my forum at the Makers area.

We can now add Andy too the list of "Another one we knew when...":thumbup: :cool: :D
And Andy makes two, that I know of, sorry if I'm overlooking anyone...

I wonder how many more knifemakers there will be springing from the HI Forum in the next five years? :eek: :thumbup: :cool: :D

We can now add Andy too the list of "Another one we knew when...":thumbup: :cool: :D
And Andy makes two, that I know of, sorry if I'm overlooking anyone...

I wonder how many more knifemakers there will be springing from the HI Forum in the next five years? :eek: :thumbup: :cool: :D

You sir, can say much more than that. You and Steve and Sarge had a big part in shaping my craftsmanship!

Thank You!

You make the best knives around, Fiddleback. I've yet to see anyone else able to combine elegance and simplicity like you do.

You make the best knives around, Fiddleback. I've yet to see anyone else able to combine elegance and simplicity like you do.

I appreciate your compliment bro, and please join in at my forum. I'm going to start a gaggle of new Passarounds soon!

But really, there are certainly a lot of makers that out skill me by a long shot. I consider myself a newb, and most makers at BF are more skillful than I am.

I fill a niche, and make user knives. I convex. I don't do ricasso's, or choils, or thin squre handles. If thats your bag, then I'm your maker.

Probably because you live right smack in the habitat of the recluse. That is actually the point of my callname. Hopefullly this helps folks recognize this spider.

Probably because you live right smack in the habitat of the recluse. That is actually the point of my callname. Hopefullly this helps folks recognize this spider.

Andy's logo doesn't scare me any... Actually Andy and me had a talk about his icon/logo quite some time ago and I told him what I thought it looked like to me. :eek: ;) :cool: :D
All I'm gonna say about it is my opinion really gave Andy a fit of LOLOL/ROFLMAO!!! :thumbup: :eek: :D

Actually I forgot to say anything about Andy's rendition of a Gaucho Knife... But in reality I can't add anything to what's already been said about it, except to say I really like Andy's artistic license he used on the handle and --- Me Likey!!!:thumbup: :D
The handle on my CANEJO is small, round, and straight...
And it rusts one helluva lot worse than 0-1 ever thought about rusting!!! ;)

THe knife has sold. Steve please send me your paypal address. I have $100 for you.

Back