Gayle Bradley 1 Clip Screws

SCTorrero

Gold Member
Anyone know where I might be able to source longer clip screws for the GB1? Mine seems not to accept the standard Spyderco clip screws, which seem to be slightly too large. With thicker aftermarket scales, I am having some trouble securing the clip. Before I modify the scales, I wanted to see if there was another solution. Appreciate any help.

Made in Taiwan right ? These are metric.
Correct, Taichung. Didn't consider metric as the issue; that might be the problem.

When I order Lynch clips, for example, they include longer screw sets for this issue. My stockpile of long screws does not fit the GB1 (even though I think some of the clips were ordered for Taichung knives).

I will double check though. This is very helpful.

Correct, Taichung. Didn't consider metric as the issue; that might be the problem.

When I order Lynch clips, for example, they include longer screw sets for this issue. My stockpile of long screws does not fit the GB1 (even though I think some of the clips were ordered for Taichung knives).

I will double check though. This is very helpful.

Check ebay item #155414378862 - never bought from this guy, but they might just work.

Good news and bad news. The good news is the new screws fit the holes on the GB1. The bad news is that they still are not long enough to bite through the depth of the Cuscadi scales and aftermarket clip (I can barely get a screwhold using the stock clip).

Thanks for the input here, much appreciated.

You can always use them on another knife, screw and knife budget are different. :)

So now you know M2 will fit. Just need to find the right length. You can find lots in steel online, and there are also a couple of sellers offering Titanium ones.

(Sorry for the pain)

You can always use them on another knife, screw and knife budget are different. :)

So now you know M2 will fit. Just need to find the right length. You can find lots in steel online, and there are also a couple of sellers offering Titanium ones.

(Sorry for the pain)
Hahaha. Exactly my thoughts. Thank you again for the help!

Ordered some M2 T6 screws in various lengths. We will see. I am sure you all are on the edge of your seats...

Haha.

Wonderful, and perfectly usable ! Pretty easy to grind down on a sharpening stone.

We GB1 fans have to stick together ... (I'm a fan) :)
I still have mine from 2013, though it's the original scales.

Back