GEC Bone after pocket wear

That is one of the "disadvantages" of having such a great selection of great knives available, at reasonable prices. I have so many really nice knives, that I like a LOT, I imagine none of them will get the pocket time necessary to really "wear in".
Contrast that to back when I was getting close to graduating high school. I had ONE pocketknife... by choice, of course... and I carried it exclusively for at least 3 years. All my jeans front right pocket had a worn area that looked exactly like a Case Sodbuster. And a back left pocket that looked exactly like a can of Skoal... :cool:

Very nice. The brown colors seem to age particularly well. I think the natural materials take on a life of their own after being carried for a while. (I also tend to use my knives as a fidget)
The bone smooths up a little and takes on a warmth as it absorbs skin oils etc. My stag knives lose some of their whiteness and take on color and depth.

My Bladeforums jack for example
2014 Bladeforums  after 5 years 3.JPG

Come on; Show some more of your pocket worn bone, Other brands and worn stag are welcome too.

I’ve carried this one on and off for a few years. Great knife, just kinda heavy. The stag is getting smooth.
w1luyf.jpg

Beautiful knives and awesome photos guys. Thank you. Those are what I would call 'hand finished" tools.

Back