GEC Bull Buster #21

Just picked up a black linen micarta #21 bull buster. What a stout knife!! Excellent fit and finish. Certainly seems like a durable work knife. Just wondering who has them? And what’s your experience with them? Pics appreciated.

pBjz0Rg.jpg

I have quiet a few and need a few more so I don't run out before they quit making them lol. The 21 is a tank of a knife and I carry a red micarta everyday in my back pocket and use it, or more like abuse it, and have carried it for over 2 years. Other than the stains, and dents in the liners and micarta, and the sharpening I can't even tell it's been used! One of the great things about them is the stout ish pull, unlike slot of the newer gec's I don't worry too much about it closing on me while I'm using it. Wish I had pics but don't right now.

My 21 was my first GEC and also my most used. Love the knife, just an excellent hard use slipjoint. I carry mine in a leather belt sheath, it's on me most days.

eBrru6f.jpg

mHNQDtT.jpg

I don't own a #21, I'd like to see a comparison picture next to a #71.

I dont have one yet, I have a blue delrin Case Sodbuster instead. I do have the smaller 71 and its a great knife.

The #21 will ride in a jean front pocket very well. It's not to big.

Geoff

Noted.
I just don't carry knives in my back pocket often, makes it awkward to get my wallet out, and I use my wallet a lot more. ;)
Carry the knife in your back pocket and wallet in my front. Just don’t forget and pull the knife when a traffic cop asks for license and registration.

Carry the knife in your back pocket and wallet in my front. Just don’t forget and pull the knife when a traffic cop asks for license and registration.
I don't think that would be very comfortable in tight Wranglers.
I'll stick to the wallet and phone in the back pockets, small knife in the coin pocket, and longer knife riding vertical in the front pocket. I'm probably not made to carry a #21.

Back