GEC Tidioute Prototype

A friend of mine traded for a Tidioute prototype 652111 with some type of wood handle.
He sent me a pic and the knife looks good other than a couple of pepper spots which might clean off. Does anyone know a ballpark figure of what the knife might be worth?
I told him I would take it as I’m pretty sure it’s worth what he said that I could have it for.
I have 10 or 11 Great Easterns but none of this model. Thanks for any info.

Only what someone is willing to pay for it......

The whole idea of prototypes is highly over rated and holds no more value than it’s like non prototype model. The idea was great in the 80/90’s and early 2000’s as a marketing tool to sell unknown quantities of a specific knife labeling as prototypes....

If you’re okay with the price then get it. The 65’s are unlikely to come back and they don’t seem to come up for sale very frequently either. The prototype designation doesn’t mean anything to me and I personally don’t think it does anything to the value. It’s just an extra blade etch that let the dealers charge extra. I have a few because at the time they were the only ones left.

The 65 in buffalo horn was one of my first GEC’s. I love them!

ma8jdt.jpg

The ones that go for a premium would be among these. One is 1 of 2 and the other is 1 of 3. Can’t remember which is which at the moment. At any rate, a great pattern!

v6j03l.jpg

30a3u4h.jpg

Back