Gentleman's Steak Knife

I had a few questions...

1.) Of the few GSK's (Gentleman's Steak Knives) made what type of steel were they made from - O1 or 154 ?

2.) When can I have one ? :)

I think the steel on my is 440, at least that is what it said when I bought it at KSF. When one comes up you should get one. We use it in the kitchen all the time. In fact, just tonight it cut up some Serrano chiles, carrots and shrimp. :D:thumbup:

All of the GSKs are COM S35VN. I have a lot of kit hen stuff downstairs right now too.

S35VN - very nice. I will keep an eye out for the GSK as I know that knife would get lots of use in my house.

How sweet would a GSK with Desert Iron Wood handles be ? Andy I dare you to put it up for sale and find out.

I asked for one with a wood slab and he said that he does not do wood on kitchen knives. I would love to have a set with DI or even Osage which both of I believe would hold up but Andy is the boss of his knives and he says no way. Now if he makes one my GSK will go up for sale and I will be getting one in either of these woods. :)

Here is a few pics of one just so everyone knows which knife we are talking about. Andy has not put that many out there and if you did not get to go to Blade or see his orginal post you probably haven't seen one.

Fiddlebackforge003.jpg

Fiddlebackforge002.jpg

Fiddlebackforge004.jpg

Andy,

I've got a deal for you that you absolutely can not pass up... Your part is to post a GSK (your choice of handle material) on Thursday at 2:30pm and my part will be to buy it. What do you say ? :)

Here is a few pics of one just so everyone knows which knife we are talking about. Andy has not put that many out there and if you did not get to go to Blade or see his orginal post you probably haven't seen one.
Good looking knife but I must admit, the meat is good looking too!

Good looking knife but I must admit, the meat is good looking too!
Thanks man, that is one of my many other passions. I just dont have enough time to give to them all. I am in the process of gathering all I need to start my big comp. rig for doing competitions (sp) so if anyone out there has a 250 gal propane tank just sitting in the way let me know and I will come and get it out of the way for you :)

Back