Gent's Knife Thread

We haven't done a call out lately. How about a gent's knife thread. I'll start with mine.

gent_knives1.jpg

Here we have a Schrade Walden Zephyr, a Schrade Walden 877 lobster with a sissy boy purse, and a Schrade Cut Co 6606 SHA MOP Lobster.

gent_knife2.jpg

Followed up with a Schrade Walden 778RB SS, a Schrade Walden 793, in simulated Marine Pearl, and an Uncle Henry 705UH.

Roland, Eric, Larry, let's see those gents knives with the nice display cases in here.

Let's show em if you got em. Meanwhile I have an urge to go spritz up my nails now.

Last edited:
Alrighty then! Here's my one and only. Sterling Tiffany handles on a Schrade Walden frame. I think maybe you could of requested you own monogram unless these were made for a compnay.

Russell

dsc0157mh4.jpg

dsc0158re8.jpg

I do like the Zephyr model above Hal, also the 705UH which I suppose took over from the standard run of Gentlemens knives.

Last edited:
my interest in Gentleman's knives goes back to my boyhood in the '50s, when i received a gift, of a very nice Toledo style Lobster knife from an aunt visiting from Switzerland, which she had bought in the ship's gift shop.
now i have quite a varied collection of smaller dress knives, but only a few are Schrade.
here is the oldest: a Schrade/Cut Co./Walden N.Y.(marked on 3 blades/not manicure), 2 1/4" 4 blade Lobster with imitation ivory scales(according to BRL).
IMGP1328.jpg

and: a SW 778 Stainless with shield of Steel Workers of America(?)
along with a Schrade/N.Y. U.S.A./SS778 with pearl scales.

IMGP1331.jpg

a Schrade/Walden/N.Y. U.S.A.; 793/Stainless
IMGP1332.jpg

a Schrade/Cut. Co./Walden N.Y. 3 1/8" pen knife
IMGP1333.jpg

and 2 lovely Ulsters; an Ulster/Knife USA, 73P; and an Ulster/U.S.A., 81P
any ideas why tang stamps are different here ?
IMGP1335.jpg

i'll do another post later of the "Queen". roland

The "Queen":
Her robe:
IMGP1336.jpg

her box:
IMGP1337.jpg

IMGP1339.jpg

herself; a lovely 3 1/8" 3 blade Lobster with imitation pearl scales and candlestick bolsters. my pics. do not capture her beauty.
IMGP1343.jpg

IMGP1341.jpg

and, since we all like knives in general, how about this recent acquisition:
a William Henry GenTac B30 TCB (Gentleman's Tactical; how cool !)
IMGP1344.jpg

lets just say, it takes very little effort to open it. roland

Last edited:
Great idea Thawk! Guys, those are some beauties! There'a someting about that Zephyr that really stands out, I don't know if it's because of the box or what. Then there's that candlestick lobster:thumbup: Heck I like 'em all!
Here are a few more:

jru0kz.jpg
[/IMG]
This one I recon you've seen already

30m98ax.jpg
[/IMG]
The one above is a 778 with the very rare Mossy Oak finish on the file:eek::D Don't worry, it's clean now. How'd that get there anyway? Perhaps someone filed his fungus infected toenails?

v4o6xc.jpg
[/IMG]
2ufdeyx.jpg
[/IMG]
Above is a 967 in the original box with the odd vinyl purse.

1zc0j20.jpg
[/IMG]
28lawds.jpg
[/IMG]
x58k1f.jpg
[/IMG]
The above knife is a service award from Chrysler Corp. with all paperwork included (nice touch with the penny) The penny by the way is a 1956 vintage, which definitely helps with the dating.

Eric

Last edited:
....beautiful knives all....so many "gentlemans" knives never got used.... so did a real "gentleman "trim his toenails with the kitchen shears in those days?.....<or like Codger with his Sharp Finger 152OT??>
I finally found the missing <last?> Miracle Whip personal knife set. I believe there are 7 in total produced from 1958 <25th Anniversary> to 1988 <55th anniversary>. Has anyone seen any later I need to get?
Photos also show one of Albert Baer's 'Greetings' giveaway knives he used to give to friends/associates..........and Secretaries.............<mostly Secretaries!?!!>........I've read his memoirs.......<sent more than his share of 'Greetings 'did our gregarious much travelled Albert>....Hoo Roo

P.S. The Cut Co MOP is from the Schrade Wall Collection..

Attachments

• P8180009.jpg
    P8180009.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 40
  • P8180007.jpg
    P8180007.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 40
  • P8180015.jpg
    P8180015.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • P8180018.jpg
    P8180018.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 37
  • P8180016.jpg
    P8180016.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Probably many like me. Just peeled them off after taking a bath. Nice lot of gents Larry. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This thread definately deserves a bump. Loads of nice gent's knives. Here's a few more.

clockwise from top left: 876, 709sha, 946sha, 877, 7606sha predecessor ?, 849

pyrVDyb.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, sure . . . nice little, light, unobtrusive in pocket knives
until today . .
I was using my Endura 4 today and my Case Trapper.
Would be nice to have a single blade Traditional longer than the Trapper.

hahahaha I was thinking that a "REAL" gentleman's knife needs to be long enough to slice a Croissant in half the hard way like I did today before putting jam on the halves.

Sure opening letters can be done with any old thing but it takes a real knife with a decent edge to do the former.

I was using my Endura 4 today and my Case Trapper.
Would be nice to have a single blade Traditional longer than the Trapper.

hahahaha I was thinking that a "REAL" gentleman's knife needs to be long enough to slice a Croissant in half the hard way like I did today before putting jam on the halves.

Sure opening letters can be done with any old thing but it takes a real knife with a decent edge to do the former.

"You call THAT a knife? THIS is a knife."~Crocodile Dundee

Well if you're gonna poke the Schrade Baer I will reply that a) gent's knives are all about the nail file b) correct, also about opening important communiques from diplomats, astronauts and Royalty c) Endura 4 is ugly not-USA crap d) Case do make good knives but Schrade made infinitely better knives ;)

Last edited:
thank you very much for the post on the gentleman's knives i have several of them and didn't have there number designation now i have two more correctly identified. they were the 876, 877 and the 7606sha

thank you very much for the post on the gentleman's knives i have several of them and didn't have there number designation now i have two more correctly identified. they were the 876, 877 and the 7606sha

delmas2nd (and thawk too) does your 7606sha Cut. Co. knife have nickel silver milled liners or any liners at all?

I re-read the 7606sha description. Now I'm a bit unsure about what I said is a "No. 7606 shackle" from 1926 catalog, page 40.
http://collectors-of-schrades-r.us/Catalogs/images/1926_Schrade_Catalogs.pdf

My knife is 2-1/4" exactly so thats a match but knife just has the ultra-thin nacre slabs with no liners backing them. Catalog says 7606sha is "nickel silver lined with milled edges". Maybe my knife is something else?

Any thoughts, Schrade experts?

W0x2CV4.jpg

v3SjOZn.jpg

ldzYIdp.jpg

EqHxL8S.jpg

qVv57nB.jpg

M3HaopR.jpg

in looking at mine with a magnifying glass mine has milled liner it does not have that dot in the middle just a smooth face with the 2 picot points on each end.

in looking at mine with a magnifying glass mine has milled liner it does not have that dot in the middle just a smooth face with the 2 picot points on each end.

Thanks for checking and posting. With or without a pin in the very centre of the knife, your example seems to match the "No. 7606 Shackle" description.
4AUZcQJ.jpg

My knife is a totally different build and I'm guessing it is an earlier model made somewhere between 1918 and 1925 (no catalogs for these years). Without the liners my knife is super thin but fragile. I could see Schrade realizing this was a liability and changing to a stronger build utilizing liners.

Schrade sometimes used old pictures in their catalogs and didn't update them when subtle changes were made. Perhaps my knife with the five visible pins is actually the knife represented as the 7606SHA and they just didn't update the 7606SHA drawing when they added liners and removed the centre handle pin.

I guess I have a mystery Schrade and more sleuthing is required.

Another old gent's knife. This time a Cut Co M7099GSilSha. Long name for a small 3-1/16" knife.

It appears in 1932 price list, the 1936 and 1938 supplements and the 1940 catalog.

K7zSeqW.jpg

This example has some sharpening marks but the blade is basically full and should look quite new-ish after I give it a good clean and polish.

hpL2NaY.jpg

Oo0lvGL.jpg

3E6PSJl.jpg

QSqsm8Y.jpg

ASQQWFS.jpg

I recently aquired a 3-blade 2-1/4" pearl lobster stamped "E. Weck & Son NY". Here are some pics of it and a couple comparison pictures showing the 2-1/4" Schrade Cut Co knife I posted previously in this thread beside it.

I think the Weck knife is a Schrade but I can't know for sure. I know Schrade did make SFOs for them starting in the 1940s iirc. The file is shorter on the Weck knife to be sure but to fit another pen blade in there they would of had to go with a smaller file. I could find nothing in the Schrade catalogs with this exact blade configuration but I'm thinking that's kind of what SFOs are for: something different. Nail nick differs but the knives could be many years (decades) apart so I don't know if that difference is significant. Cut Co might be showing some blade loss as it's a bit shorter and narrower.

Unlike the pictured Cut Co, the Weck knife does indeed have milled nickel-silver liners as in the description of the 7606Sha I posted above. Neither knife matches that exactly but both sure are close.

I post it in all its iridescent glory beside the Cut Co. You be the judge if it's a Schrade or an interloper. I'm calling it a Schrade so it doesn't feel left out. It's been adopted. ;)

IqTmOwZ.jpg

75JabAI.jpg

s2lOhjA.jpg

FMrNZHm.jpg

JqZGJe4.jpg

scGQqNO.jpg

Tut9xJa.jpg

lL7PLTY.jpg

Last edited:
i vote with you. probably a SFO without the Schrade blade stamp. they look very much alike and it looks to me the same Schrade quality of manufacture? going back that far with all the variables we see in Schrade it is very possible and welcome to the family.

Here are my metal handled The top one has a serial no. 1664, Schrade Walden N.Y. on both blades;#2 is 778, Schrade Walden N Y USA STAINLESS;#3 778 Schrade Walden STAINLESS; #4 878 Schrade Walden N Y USA
Gentlemen's Knives 02.jpg Gentlemen's Knives 03.jpg Gent's knives.

Attachments

• Gentle Men Knives 01.jpg
    Gentle Men Knives 01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
These are my none metal handled ones. The top one is Schrade Cut Co. Walden N Y; #2 is Schrade Cut Co. N Y; #3 is 876 Schrade Walden N Y USA . if i did not list the knife number that is because it is not on any blade and i would appreciate the number.
Gentlemen's Knives 04.jpg Gentlemen's Knives 05.jpg

Back