Genuine Bura made fighting knife

I too have a 15" Siru that has to be the fastest handling khuk that I have besides the 12" AK. I'm sure that if I were headed for this mess the two of them would both go. I'm about ready to replace my 18" Siru though.

If you do go where I guess you are talking about, I sure hope you watch your backsides. The way things are shapeing up please don't let that gas mask get to far away from you. I know that we can't trust that crazy man in Iraq. This is a bit hard on some of us old troops, for I surely would go with you if I could.

Pappy, we could always use a good man with his head on square, but you'll be with us in spirit like all the other guys in the Cantina. This is one of the finest bunches of folks you could ever find, even if you spent your whole life looking. I'm proud to be among such friends.

re: "gas mask"
Yup, the chem threat is spooky, so is the bio threat. We get our Anthrax shots today, and we'll be getting our smallpox shots soon. War's a risky business, but so is life. Driving to work every day here at Fort Hood, among the 40,000 soldiers that are trying to get to work too, is probably the riskiest thing I could do, but I do it every day without pondering it. If the young guys don't know what we're up against this time around, us old guys will school 'em properly. Name of the game this time is head low, eyes/ears open, and don't volunteer for nuthin'.;)

Sarge

Don't forget about the Malla. I have an 18 inch Malla that will take your breath away, it's so fast. Shaving sharp, too, don't ask how I know...

:D :eek: :D

I spent some quality time with my new Siru last night. It's sharp, shiny, and slathered with Hooflex. The more I handled it, the more I realize how unique this one is. Bura made it so light and fast it feels more like a Kobra than a Sirupati. Even the scabbard, karda, and chakma are different. The karda and chakma are big, more like the ones that would come with an 18" khuk. The karda easily sharpened up to "hair poppin'", and promises to be a useful little knife in it's own right. The slots in the back of the scabbard are tight, so the karda and chakma fit into them like individual sheaths, going in up to the hilt, but no further. The handles may ride up higher on the accessories, but it gives the whole rig a flatter, more compact feel that I really like. All in all this one's perzactly right and I'll be proud to carry it wherever I might need to go.

Sarge

Ah, come off it now! :D

You know you're just itching to meet a ghurka or two so you can tell them that YOUR khuk was made by the Royal Kami ( Lal Bahadur Bishwakarma / or Bura the "old man" ) and he's gotten better since he made the King's Banspatti!

Alright, I'll admit it. I wouldn't pass up that kinda chance meself. But even though my 15" Sirupati is a shop #1, it was rehandled by Kami Sherpa, whom I've met a couple times. That makes it special to me. Now to polish the blade out with finer and finer grit sandpaper.

1/30/03 1:50AM Polished up thru 1500 grit. It ain't never been so shiny. Think that's as fine as you can get in this town.

Rusty, I had a nice bowl of curry and cup of tea with some Ghurkhas back in '91. It was in thanks for helping fix a radio relay out in the desert, and for sharpening their sergeant's khukuri (which was subsequently used to chop, slice, and dice while preparing the curry).
If I'd had an HI khukuri along back then, I'd have sure gotten their attention with it. Their khuks were quite serviceable, but not as nice as the ones from Bir Ghorkha.:D :)

Sarge

Their khuks were quite serviceable, but not as nice as the ones from Bir Ghorkha.

Reminds me of most of the women I've known in my life -- all good, some just better than others.

QUOTE FROM RUSTY.
1/30/03 1:50AM Polished up thru 1500 grit. It ain't never been so shiny. Think that's as fine as you can get in this town. RUSTY, DID you do it by hand or machine???:D

Started with 120, then 220, 400, 600, 800, to 1500. Usually was able to get it done with less than 1/3rd sheet of sandpaper. But the 15" Sirupati is relatively small.

Had the 120 and 220 on hand. Next day bought 400 - 1500 and worked on it during the evening in front of computer. Took most of the evening in between this and that. Yes, all by hand.

Now I've started reworking the AK Bowie's handle. I previously filed it down to fit my hand and rough sanded it, including filing the tang to fit my hand. Thank God the tang was left soft. The blade is pretty shiny. May have to use simichrome or something like that.
:p :p :p

It's "SIMICHROME".

You can find it at car places like Western Auto or Pep Boys. Some kind of metal polish. Like for polishing chrome or magnesium wheels. "Flitz" is another. I think they may be aluminum grit suspended in some paste.

The thing is that this had been laying around so long being an ugly duckling, and now I've taken it and stained and refinished the handle, and took it from about a 150 grit finish to 1500 grit, now it's pretty and shiny!

It's like seeing a girl who's always had on baggy sweats after a day at the beauty salon in a dressed to kill outfit including stockings and high heels and wearing some killer perfume ( and I'm not talking about Hoppe's No. 9! * ).

* althougth Hoppe's No. 9 has been known to draw my undivided attention when coupled with clothing from Victoria's Secret!
:D :D :D

Back