Gerber Gator Sheath

Good Evening,

I just got a new hunting/camp knife, a Gerber Gator premium fixed blade. I prefer “medium” sized fixed blades, as they are easier to carry than larger knives, and short of chopping down limbs, they can do just about anything the larger blades can.

Here is my question, I prefer to carry fixed blades in the field in a scout style sheath, worn horizontally in the small of my back. Does anyone have a recommendation for one such sheath that would hold the Gerber Gator?

Many thanks.

The scout carry you prefer would almost certainly have to be custom made and would cost several times the price of your knife, but it can certainly be done by many of the custom makers here on Blade Forums.

Hello Nightwind,

Could you post a picture of your knife next to a ruler showing inches so that I can get an idea of dimensions? I may have some options for you.

Thank you!

I ended up ordering a sheath from Yellow Hawk Customs (for about the same price as the knife, which I am fine with.)
Thank you, all!

Here is a horizontal sheath that I made for my Gerber Gator 650. This sheath is the first thing that I made with leather. It has an extra 7 - 8oz piece added to the back of the sheath with the ends open so that my belt can go through it. It holds the knife well but I rarely wear it.

Gator Sheath-1.JPG

Back