Gerber KeyStyle

What do you think of this little gadget?
48100.gif

Features:
1. Tweezers/Eyeglass Screwdriver
2. Locking Crosshead Screwdriver
3. Locking Sheepsfoot Blade
4. Locking Flathead Screwdriver
5. Key Ring
6. FISKARS® Scissors

I used to have one. I thought it was really neat that the knife and screwdrivers slid out of the body. The tweezers worked well. The tweezers also swivel around so as to form an eyeglass screwdriver though I think it would be too flimsy to be used in that fashion. Also, the scissors underwhelmed me. Opening them is a bit odd. Compared to a SAK, you simply open the scissors by pulling them out. With this tool you have to open them and unfold them and there is a chance of cutting yourself if you do not pay attention. The scissors cut well but they're not any better than any other tool of this size with scissors. Also, the locks are not that impressive. They're no more secure than a slip joint but I wouldn't expect you to be doing anything that would cause the locks to fail. I also found that the screwdrivers were a bit too small for everything I needed them for. The tool was certainly neat and might fit the needs of others but I wasn't really impressed. It is unique though and the blade is very functional and the screwdrivers work, they are just small. Honestly, I'd recommend a SAK classic (or some other similar model e.g. a rambler), leatherman micra, or a leatherman squirt over it largely because you get tools which are much more advantagous.

Back