Getting caught up

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Well since going fulltime one year ago, I've got my backlog caught up to about a 7 month wait. I'm getting into Feb. and March 2008 orders. I've lost count but it looks like I will have made between 300 and 350 knives this year. Alot of PSK knives in the count.
Scott

That's great to hear Scott:thumbup: How many days per week qualifies as full time for you? I know you have a part time job for the benefits, does this allow you the grinding time you desire? The Psk's have to be a best seller by now:D

I usually in the shop 7 days a week. Hours vary. Probably 5 days a week I'm in there at least 8 hours.
Scott

350 knives in a year. I'm so jealous. 8 hours a day. Drool. Its exhausting though guys. When I'm in the shop all day, working, excited, I forget to eat, I always intend to take breaks, but never find the space for them. When I'm done sanding four or five handles my shoulders ache for a day or so. Knifemaking beats up a body.

Still, boy am I jealous.

Andy, it is rough but if you try and get a cycle going having different projects to do each day, it makes it better. I'll grind so many blades in a week. HT them while doing other jobs. It makes it less boring then just grinding for an entire day.
Scott

Back