Getting Excited for My First JK!!!

Hey everyone,

I still have probably a month until it's going to be ready, but I'm getting overly excited!!! :D I put in my order early this month (maybe late last) for a Kephart. Here are the spec's you guys can get semi-excited to see the finished product.

-3/16" O-1 Steel
-Aluminum pins
-Lanyard hole; aligned with the pins
-Black liners
-Tiger Stripe Maple handles
-Matching Firesteel
-Freebie Warncliff Tin knife

I can't wait for it to be ready. Expect lots of pictures when it arrives. :thumbup:

Orion

You'll love it. That was my 1st model too. Now I have 8! Like candy...you have to have one more. Good for you!

The good news is that I`m a little ahead of schedule, so it will be done for sure this month.

Nice choice! The black liners and maple should really make the knife stand out. Looking forward to seeing some in-use pics after you get it!

All the best,

- Mike

Orion, you will like JK's knives. They have character and are well-crafted. And if your not careful, you might end up very quickly w/ more JK knives then your hands can handle :). I bought my first JK blade back in June/July. Before I knew it, I have four of his handmade knives and a firekit. :)

The secret is in the handle. I coat it with a "Urge To Buy More JK Knives Secret Coating." As soon as you handle it, you have to have more! ;)

The secret is in the handle. I coat it with a "Urge To Buy More JK Knives Secret Coating." As soon as you handle it, you have to have more! ;)

:thumbup: Haha, Ahead of schedule is good news!

I hear you on the excited for the First JK knife ! Mine is supposed to be ready in about a month also ! You gotta post us sompe pics ! I keep telling myself that this LOBO from John is going to be my Last Fixed blade for a long time ...But John might change my mind :D We will see !

I hear you on the excited for the First JK knife ! Mine is supposed to be ready in about a month also ! You gotta post us sompe pics ! I keep telling myself that this LOBO from John is going to be my Last Fixed blade for a long time ...But John might change my mind :D We will see !

Actually about 3 weeks. ;)

"But John might change my mind We will see ! "

Blades aside. John has excellent customer service. He also makes a pretty crafty sheath.

you won't be disappointed i have a few of his knives and a few on order .they really good functional knives . the Secret Coating Works.

I hear you. I'm sometime in November and I'm already excited. :thumbup:

This does not bode well for me, seeing as how I am waiting on my first JK and I already want to order more.:eek: I am afraid of what is going to happen when I actually hold one for the first time.

This does not bode well for me, seeing as how I am waiting on my first JK and I already want to order more.:eek: I am afraid of what is going to happen when I actually hold one for the first time.

Which one did you order?

Never mind, I think I just figured it out.

Last edited:
I am waiting on my first JK and I already want to order more.:eek:

Ha.... I was so pumped about having my first ( Hiker) on order I went and bought a mini-nessmuck off John's available now list. It eased my cravings until my Hiker was finished.:)

As well I am not the only one here who has had a knife on order, seen another that John created,and place a second order before the first is finished (or even started). :eek:

I don't think John minds getting multiple orders.;):D

Ha.... I was so pumped about having my first ( Hiker) on order I went and bought a mini-nessmuck off John's available now list. It eased my cravings until my Hiker was finished.:)

As well I am not the only one here who has had a knife on order, seen another that John created,and place a second order before the first is finished (or even started). :eek:

I don't think John minds getting multiple orders.;):D

It is probably better that I stay away from the available now list. I think my wife would kill me if I came home with another knife.

I have to always remind myself that all money has to go towards the therapy that my son receives that insurance will not pay for:mad:

I've already been thinking about my next JK. Haha, but I'm going to hold off for a little bit... we'll see how long that last once I get my first.

Back