Getting Started

That is nice, is it for sale?
Hey Thanks, much appreciated!

The D2 Tanto and big S7 chopper are for orders and the "3 finger cleaver" will be available for sale.

I am putting some carbon fiber scales on the mini cleaver, man they look cool! I have never worked with carbon fiber and it looks so awesome I will be using much more.

The carbon fiber was interesting, cutting the ends of 2 pieces dulled my bandsaw so badly I couldn't cut any more with it. I wore 3 layers and took precautions but I am still itchy too, it is like glass in the skin. Lol it looks so cool I'll get a Tyvek suit to cut it in if I have to! That and a dust collector for the new shop.

high octane fructose-type sweetness!
Sweet, Dude! :D

Thanks for the kind words Gnarly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* D-2 (here)_____~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~SCALE (here) _____~~

(off the scale!)

:D

I'm just curious, do you know what rockwell the d2 was brought to?

Kaleb

It should be about 60-61 Rockwell. I think at this hardness you should have excellent edge holding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* D-2 (here)_____~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~SCALE (here) _____~~

(off the scale!)

:D

Exactly! :D

Wow, 60-61, that sure will be fun! I really think this piece is going to add a whole new level to my collection :)

Kaleb

It will rock! :cool: Thanks...

The green rayskin is going to be too cool, I can't wait to finish it up.

The carbon fiber was interesting, cutting the ends of 2 pieces dulled my bandsaw so badly I couldn't cut any more with it. I wore 3 layers and took precautions but I am still itchy too, it is like glass in the skin. Lol it looks so cool I'll get a Tyvek suit to cut it in if I have to! That and a dust collector for the new shop.

try cutting it with a slow speed on the band saw?

try cutting it with a slow speed on the band saw?

I think that may be the way to go, either that or the stock blade came with isn't too great. It is just a little saw I intended for Kydex so next time I may go back to the wet saw, it saves my bandsaw blades and the diamond cuts really well. Thanks for thinking of me!

I have been working on the finish on these three for two days solid and it shows! :D

004-11.jpg

009-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

I keep looking at that little cleaver, thinking it would be handy in the kitchen. Wonder if my wife would believe
that we needed a cleaver? Probably not, hard to get much past her. She would say "You just wanted another knife."
And she would be right. :p

Back