GH X-Ray Pic's.

Craig,
Check your e-mail, you should have your Pictures by now. As I said in the letter if you look real close there is a small fold line, bottom of dogleg area. Ignore the black dot in middle of the screen. Also the light flashback in top left of pictures. The dark marks on left middle of screen is our measuring marks, and the white upright lines are just nails in the wood I used to hold up the knife. The guy holding the knife is a friend of mine. You can see the brass handle. Like I said, you can do whatever you want to with these. I also sent the same example of porosity in a casting.
Your blade is solid except for the fold line. I asked my boss about that, he had no idea how it might affect any thing as it is small. Tell the wife high. I am leaving for a week or so, (sickness in family) will contact you when I get back.
Thanks for the interest.

------------------
Jack Russell

Jack, thanks for the pics. Here they are:

helper.bmp

porosity.bmp

x-ray.bmp

Too bad the small fold line is there, but I'm glad there's no porosity (although if you asked me if I liked knives with low or high porosity yesterday, I'd have had no idea how to respond)
smile.gif
. I'm going to email the photos to Lalit - I'm sure he'll be thrilled to know that his knives are receiving such special attention.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Here are some close-ups of the results of the porosity tests:

dogleg.bmp

notch.bmp

point.bmp

Again, thanks for the pics.

Semper Fi

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Just so you know, you have to convert .bmp's to either jpeg's or gif's to post them. It also makes them much smaller. BMP is a windoze format, and is pretty bloated.
Aaron

------------------
amacks@nist.gov
Don't forget to pay your taxes...they eventually become my knives:)

Back