Ghorkas on ABC

I happened to be watching a "news" ("Downtown") program on ABC which I usually avoid because it is generally sensational bilge.

But a story on the current problems with piracy sucked me in. Not a bad story considering the source. They mentioned Ghorkas being hired by cruise ships, and showed a little footage of uniformed Ghorkas doing organized drills with khuks. Interesting thrusting movement employing a reverse grip with the palm of the other hand aginst the butt. Perhaps fortunately, they were referred to as "famous killing knives" not khukuries. Some security expert from Britain did mention the decapitation potential.

:barf:

Sorry, I know you are just acknowledging the facts of what the media are like today. Hyperbole served up as "THE TRUTH" just makes me want to gag. See my next post,Gag a maggot!

Hyperbole served up as "THE TRUTH"

Although there is growing real problem with piracy which some interests like cruise lines/tourism interests would rather not see reported , the segment certainly was not a exampliary piece of journalism. What I saw of the other stories is charitably described as cerebral toxins.

Maggot-gagging material is bad enough, but those who serve it seem to (incomprehensably) be even more revolting. A sad state of affairs indeed.

Back