Ghostsix---No Longer a Mystery

Hi Uncle Bill, Long time no talk to. I heard how the Ghostman was on here making waves again, he must go down in forum history for getting booted more times than anyone else. He even ranks above certain trolls who have appeared been booted and reappeared. Since I am the only person who has visited these boards who knows him personally and knows him quite well I thought I would come on here and let you all know about him.

Let me first say that Ghost is not a child, he is a man in his mid 50's, who has an incredible war history and history of service within various agencies of our government. He is one of the most brilliant men that I have ever met, and he is a full bodied, bonifide eccentric. The reason that his posts make no sense is because my friend the Ghost tends to drink too much and when he gets lit he tends to get behind a keyboard and there is no telling what he will write.

He is in fact a retired infantry Colonel, who during the time he served in Vietnam his proven initiative under fire led to his being recruited by SOG, (Special Operations Group) He possesses many medals including four purple hearts, he was actually wounded in combat 11 times. While I am not at liberty to divulge his history of service I will say that I know him quite well because I conducted countless interviews with him for a story (Book) that I am writing. A main charactor is based largely on his experiences and person. Throughout the time of our conversations we have become very good friends, and I have met him in person.

And this man has a fine collection of Khukuri's.

Lastly, I too cannot make sense of his posts.

Welcome, Hil, and thanks for input.

The fact of the matter is, I think, Ghost likes to shock people, bait them, enjoys watching them take the bait, and then turns it on.

Hildagaard,
I like Ghostsix,don't always agree with him, but he doesn't always agree with me either(big surprise)!
jim

He's a take it or leave it character and one of those what you see is not always what you get sorts. Maybe that's why he's called Ghost.

Bill,

You seem to hit him on the head and he is very much what you see is not what you get. Like I said, that is usually because he tends to come on line after several pops. :) He also loves history and philosophy and deliberatly likes his posts to be thought provoking. I told him that his intentions might be well and good but after he has had a few drinks, what makes sense in his head, makes no sense at all on paper. LOL Sorry Ghost. Its good to know that he does have friends on line and those who were able to look beyond the pale so to speak. I am rather suprised at how offended some got by him. He managed to get an entire large thread devoted to his offenses in whine and cheese. Oh and knowing him personally I can say that he is indeed a character, but while I was going through a difficult time, I always seemed to turn to him for his sound and wise advise.

Hil,
Men like the COL. are always there when you need them!Met a few like him in my lifetime, calling him a "CHARACTER"is putting it Mildly!When you write the book send one to me!"PLEASE"!!
jim

G. Gordon Liddy had a guy on his show who was ex-SOG and had written a book about his "adventures" over there. Very interesting stuff. I'm kicking myself for not remembering the title or his name:eek:

Hil, Welcome to the Cantina!:D Do you know the book by any chance?

Thank You very much, Hildagaard. Those of us who've known him from the old days know much of this but out of respect for him have let it lay. I'm glad you've brought it out in the open for those who've arrived on the forum after his being banned.

Ghostsix said something I've remembered for years now that makes a great deal of sense to me, that:
"You can't know your own culture without knowing another."

That is TRUTH which meets William James three critereon for truth: Congruence, Usefulness, Luminosity. It allows me to see other truths from a different perspective, from "outside" the lines, and rediscover their conventional ( and long since written off as trite ) meanings more fully.

One does not have to have walked in his shoes to appreciate he has done much to his credit but has also taken dreadful casualties spiritually and psychologically that he has since born daily. I count him a friend, and accept him for what he is worth, good and bad.

Again, thanks for doing a kindness.

He paid a very high price in service to his country. If this needs elaboration when I have more time I'll tell you about the WWI battlefield surgeon who brought me into this world and a couple of Marines, brothers from Cherokee, KS, who survived Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Ghostsix is Ghostsix! Insyaa-Allaah ... I always accept him as he is and not his past or his future!

One of the signs of true harmony is accepting people for what they are whether you agree with them or not. Differences makes life much more interesting anyway...

Andrew Limsk

The Ghost will be a mystery.
Such is the nature of things.
However, he would be obliged for the kind words of the fair Hildagaard.
I would bet a beer that some would be surprised by the fact that a female is speaking in behalf of ghost six.
We are not in total understanding. That is not possible. Jargon, the dreaded 3 letter acronyms and philosophy had to be explained. Strategy and tactics dictate, to some extent actions and attitudes. What you hear may not be what is meant. However, The ghost did a fair job of explaing just what the combat Warrior does for a living or dying.
In the immortal words of that great philosopher Dirty Harry, A man has to know his limitations, and dying ain`t much of a living.

I spend a life with powder smoke in my nose or clean air.( Well there was the OC class), How bad can that be?

Hang in, Ghost. And it the words of another famous American philosopher, "It ain't over, 'till it's over."

Howard, me neither. Hear that Daniel?

He'd do to ride the river with. And to cross over Jordan with if necessary.

Warlock,
Surprised,by a "Lady"taking up for "The Ghost"! Not me,I would have been disappointed if there wasn't a Lady involved with The Ghost.
Wasn't able to"SCARE"her at all,would have loved to see the look on your face!!Quite a Lady!
jim

Back