Gift for boss

My boss has been especially helpful this year and he was who was picked for me for secret santa. I was considering a a multi tool or an edc Sak perhaps an alox pioneer, x, or cadet. Which would you prefer and which of the Saks have the best balance features/ease of carry for urban edc in business casual attire. Budget approx $50

I would go for Alox Pioneer X. It has the extra scissor that you never know when it becomes handy.

I would go for Alox Pioneer X. It has the extra scissor that you never know when it becomes handy.

Excellent suggestion. I was going to suggest an Alox of some model, Pioneer X would be perfect!

That, or a Leatherman Sidekick .. although the name of that may be implied to suggest you think your boss is your sidekick..lol..

Ok I'll start with the Pioneer x. I'm having trouble finding someone who can guarantee a Friday delivery on that model. May have to choose another Alox option.

My fall back will probably be the Wave, skelatool cx or the sidekick. I know I can find the wave locally not sure about the other 2.

I really like the alox Cadet for the office. It is big enough to be useful, but small enough to be unobtrusive in my pocket.

Sounds like you need an Executive. If that doesnt look like the right choice check out the Compact. I really like having scissors which both of these models have. If scissors are needed, some people dont, a 84mm Tinker is hard to beat. Having the recipitents name engraved on the handle is a nice touch imho.

Jim

I did find a source and received the pioneer x yesterday. Wow that was quick. I hope he likes it and it's comfortable to pocket carry in slacks. I carry my saks in a purse for edc so it's harder for me to judge. Most things don't fit well in a ladies smaller pockets.

Thank you for the suggestion of the compact. I had not looked at that model closely before. I may add that for myself and see how how it does in rotation. It has quite a few features I would use often.

hope it works out nicely for him...and for you
Don't stop considering the executive for the future, though. IMO, it's the office SAK to have

CAM05446_zpskhq2aikb.jpg

The hanger clips for these work well, attach them to the keyring, and you can clip it to the top of the pocket and it'll dangle down in the pocket. Otherwise, they tend to lay sideways, flat on the bottom of the pants pocket and that's annoying.

I would get him an Alox Cadet. This is one of the best, and most practical knives Victorinox makes. I love this knife. It is practical, useful, and has most everything you need and nothing you don't.

Back