Girlfriend caught a 4lb largemouth!

My bud and i took my girlfriend out today for some fishing. I caught a smaller sunfish for her and we put it on a circle hook. We had been targeting this largemouth that kept taunting us for a few hours and she finally hooked into it! First fish of the year for her and it was a monster. Weighed it up and it was a 4lber. Forgot to measure it! She's 5'3" so you can take a guess as to its size.

0424101405-00.jpg

0424101406-00.jpg

0424101406-01.jpg

She wants me to let you know shes not as big as she looks, the wind blew up (my) shirt that she's wearing. Lol.

Haha, i was glad to be shown up. We had 3 fish in the water and it chose hers! She was estatic. We're still talking about it. Biggest bass ive seen to this day.

She was estatic. We're still talking about it.

:thumbup: Great ain't it? ;)
I think sometimes I'd rather see someone catch something they get so excited about than catch it myself. Good times right there buddy, something she'll definitely remember.

:thumbup: Great ain't it? ;)
I think sometimes I'd rather see someone catch something they get so excited about than catch it myself. Good times right there buddy, something she'll definitely remember.

Most definately. I was way happier to watch her have fun with it than bring it in. Itsnot everyday you get to see a fish that big nevermind have someone who justgot into fishing catch it.

Thats cool,
Im dam BassMaster I anit caught one that size this year........... %#?*#&%+@$%$#

That's a lunker for sure! This far north anything that size is big time!!!

Nice catch.

Yeah, it's in clinton. I walk through the woods at the end of my road to get to it, but it can be accessed by a road off of 145. I fish there pretty often, but don't keep anything, just catch and release.

I thought that looked like my buddies pond. My friend & I stocked it, glad you release the fish. Drop me a line and we can meet up there and fish some time. The road off 145 is my road! Small world!

I think we may have met last year... me and my friend were fishing there on the other side of the pond, and somebody came out walking around fishing with a jig and we started talking, he said he stocked some bass in there and such.

Very nice catch for your girl.
My grandpa would get me to fish for small perch off our dock in the middle of the day after morning fishing to use as live bait to fish big pike off the dropoff an hour or 2 before dark. Caught 2 pike over 15 pounds that way and one around 22lb.

Back