Give me a rundown on your research about washers.

I had a new idea when I watch a video about replacing the torque bar in a kershaw. The guy put different washers in it to fix the blade not being centered. Now I'm wondering if I replace the washers would it reduce the friction so that the blade snaps out faster? Have any of you guys tested this? I believe it will still be bronze because chris reeves and the shorogorov uses bronze, but I can't test it because I have to order everything and it'll take forever.

There are better ways to center a knife blade. I've never had to change/add/subtract washers in 45+ years of knife ownership. It's your knife, do what you want. IMHO all of the discussions on washers and their effectiveness due to material used or material durability is a mute point. They will all work and last longer than the knife owner will.

No for me I'm trying to decrease the friction, not center the blade. I'm trying to what ultra fast opening spyderco yojimbo 2s. I'm just saying the video on youtube made me think of doing it.

My Yo2 snaps open crazy fast. Not sure what's wrong with yours but this sure sounds like a case of "you can always make things worse".

My Yo2 snaps open crazy fast. Not sure what's wrong with yours but this sure sounds like a case of "you can always make things worse".
My regular ones are fast, but I believe I can make it even faster. The one that isn't fast is the trainer. You got one of those?

The trainer has to function exactly the same as it's partner. That's the whole point.

Well my trainer is much slower and stickier than the sprint ones I have. Well had, I don't have the s90v CF anymore, just the 20cv CF one.

Changing washers won't make much of a difference unless you move to Teflon instead of pb, then it is noticeably smoother in my experience.

If you are wanting your yoji to drop shut better try playing around with how tight the lock bar screws are...

I agree with Josh,
All of my Hinderer are on teflon washer , including Gen 6

Changing washers won't make much of a difference unless you move to Teflon instead of pb, then it is noticeably smoother in my experience.

If you are wanting your yoji to drop shut better try playing around with how tight the lock bar screws are...
Since I'm getting it for a specific knife I need to kinda make it myself. Is teflon able to be cut and a hole punched in it easily?

The washers for the Kershaw are plenty fast.

If I did any upgrade, it might be flouro grease, but I honestly don't feel like taking it apart, so I just lube the Leek with some 3 in 1 dry Teflon lube.

Back