Giveaway for hard times--4 knives

GIVEAWAY--CHANGE TO WINNERS ANNOUNCED

When I set up the giveaway, I made this mistake: I didn't think about the need to use the PM system to respond (I'm not willing to broadcast my email). So two of the winners I previously announced don't have memberships that allow PM, thus cannot send me their addresses to receive the knives.

To correct this I am selecting a new winner for the Victorinox, Tredwards. The Pine Ridge will go unclaimed for now until an eligible winner emerges.

Well, it's been a week, so I'm going to announce the giveaway winners.
No one wanted the Gerber. For the others, congratulations to these winners:

JacksonE wins the Pine Ridge
YagyuShintoRyu wins the Victorinox SAK
JungleJim65 wins the Opinel

Winners, please PM me with your postal address, and I will get your knife out to you.

Goin’ kinda stir crazy at home, so I thought I’d gift a few of knives so at least someone else can have a little fun opening the mail in these hard times. Nothing fancy here, just some old knives of mine. This is my first giveaway here, so if I’m not doing it correctly, please let me know. The knives are are:
  1. Gerber Linerlock. The frame is some sort of alloy with rubber inserts. From the early 90’s. Marked “Taiwan”. Has been used and sharpened, and the black coating has started to wear off on the blade and clip. Closed length 4 3/4”, blade length 3 3/4”.
  2. Pine Ridge Linerlock. Also from the 90’s. I think Pine Ridge is a house brand of Cabela’s. This looks like a slightly smaller copy of the Gerber above. Marked “420 Stainless China.” Used very little. Partially serrated blade. Frame seems to be steel with wood inserts. Even though this one is smaller that the Gerber, it is heavier due to the frame material. Closed length 4”, blade length just under 3”.
  3. Victorinox SAK, 2 blades, bottle opener/screwdriver, can opener/screwdriver, toothpick and tweezers, ring. Lightly used. Closed length 3 3/4”, main blade 2 1/2”.
  4. Opinel No. 4 Carbone. This is a friction folder, no Virobloc lock or anything. Not the smallest Opinel ever made, but the smallest I’ve ever seen. Carried only a few times. 2 1/2” closed, blade length 2”.
RULES:
ONE KNIFE PER PERSON
You should be in a “shelter in place” area to participate.
Post “I’m in for the XXX knife” here (be sure to specify which knife you want).
If more than one person responds for each knife, I will choose a winner at random.
I will ship to U.S. addresses only, via USPS when I can get to the post office

Photo follows:
8WbMl8Y.jpg

Last edited:
In for the Opinel please.

Yes, stir crazy is sitting in HARD here! Add 2 teen kids and its a real ball of fun.........

im in for the victorinox. shelter in place here, im a physician so still working. fun times here in Georgia.

In for the SAK! Locked in with three kids six and under....thanks for some excitement!

In for the Opinel. Just finished cleaning out the garage. I’m trying to be least somewhat productive during these times.

Back