Giving a knife to a co-worker?

I think it is a great idea for many reasons. One you can introduce him to what a quality knife is all about and may turn him on to a lifelong hobby. Secondly, and more importantly, is the fact that you will be setting an example of how to show kindness and respect to others. Things we do that seem like small gestures can be life changing lessons to the recipient. So pick a good one and wait for his smile. :)

I think that you must be a very good person to start with. There are a lot of good folks here. I think that it would be awesome for you to give him a knife. Of course, what you give him is up to you, but you can never go wrong with an unsolicited act of kindness. Go for it. Even a small act like that can change a person's life forever. :)

man, you want to be my boss? :)

i recently saw Kershaw's LFK and i really really like it! it's small and light and... i don't know how it cuts. it's probably AUS 6 or something, haven't really checked it out. and it's cheap!

i personnaly wouldn't go as far as a BM or a Spydie, and SAK are nice, but folders would be better in this box cutting sitch since cleaning out a SAK would be such a hassle. not that i'm saying that Kershaw's stuff is bad. in fact, i made the mistake of giving my
now-ex the Kershaw Black Chive because he wasn't in to knives adn i thought the chive would suck him in to the Knife Knut world. but unfortunately that @#@#%$^ still has it adn it's been a while since we broke up and i have yet to see it... :mad:

aXed

Sounds like a nice idea. Give him something inexpensive, but decent. Maybe something in a crkt? Tell him to take good care of it and not to lose it. Whether he does you'll find out. If he doesnt then your not responsible to replace it, he is!
Its a very kind gesture. From working with him you probably have a feel as to whether he will appreciate it, so go from there, or do not!!

Back