Goat Multi-tool ?

I saw a Youtube video the other day. Funny I've never seen mention here, or in the wild.

Anybody own one?

Very cool that it's modular, it's amazing how many things get crowdfunded that go right over our heads.

I'd like to check one out.

So, I got sucked in on the hype train and pre-ordered it almost exactly a year ago. I kind of forgot about it until getting it last week. I've only tinkered with it for a little bit so it's still early but already I've noticed the execution seems to be lacking quite a bit. I honestly don't use multi-tools that much anymore now that I wfh. I have an old SOG Powerlock, Powerpint; LM: Juice CS4, Sidekick, Skeletool, Free P2, Charge Ti, and Squirt PS4. I really like the concept of being able to change out the tools but it seems to compromise the use of the tool. The lever bar that locks the tools in tends to open when pulling the tools out so you have to take an extra step to push it back. The ease of changing tools can be a bit frustrating. The unlocking system doesn't work that well. It may be that it has to be broken in a little, so the jury is still out. The tools come out as a cluster so when I went to pull out the scissors, sometimes the exacto blade would partially come out which is a big hazard. I ended up swapping out the exacto blade with a file. I'm not sure if the outside tools are supposed to be one-hand opening but I found it's nearly impossible, or at the least, impractical. One of the coolest things I liked was the option for brass scales. Unfortunately, trying to replace the screws has it in two pieces. I was able to replace the screws on one handle (after using a heat gun to break the screw's loctite) but am not able to unscrew the last two screws w/o fear of breaking something. One nit-pick: the new brass scales came with recessed screws to replace the round heads because the brass scales have counter-sunk holes but they are smaller so the screw head sticks up a bit. Also, I have the black tool with black screws but the only replacement screws for the scales are silver. So, it's a black tool with brass scales and silver screws, not a great look. Overall, I'd rank this a bit lower than my Sidekick. Maybe if I can get the tool back together and things smooth out I'll have a change of opinion.🤞

Back