• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Godspeed Tactical banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised to find out that Eli was banned in this forum. I've read a few threads regarding his lack of communication but has he really burned anyone like what Martin Swinkels did to some people in the past? can anyone from the mods or users provide some insight regarding the matter.

I can't comment on the reason he was banned, but if you believe it was because of his shortcomings as a business man I could believe that. I will say he was terrible to deal with. I ordered a sheath for an Esee 4 and made it clear I needed it in hand by a certain date because it was a b-day present for my brother. I gave him almost 2 months to complete it and he said no problem, he could make what I needed in the given time with no problems. As time got closer I got worried as he stopped responding to my emails. I did eventually get a package from him over a month after the date I needed it by. But the package contained a Becker BK16(?) and sheath for it. He sent my sheath to the wrong person and I got their knife/sheath combo. I eventually got things sorted but it was an overall terrible experience.

Last edited:
Yes, his account is suspended for 30 days at this time. If we continue to get reports of ancient orders, non-communication and such his account could potentially be permanently banned. Just having an account here on BFC to sell is not enough. Any vendor here must also practice proper business practices and ethics.
We're a pretty giving and forgiving bunch on this site, but there is absolutely no excuse for taking peoples money and then ignoring them.

Yes, his account is suspended for 30 days at this time. If we continue to get reports of ancient orders, non-communication and such his account could potentially be permanently banned. Just having an account here on BFC to sell is not enough. Any vendor here must also practice proper business practices and ethics.
We're a pretty giving and forgiving bunch on this site, but there is absolutely no excuse for taking peoples money and then ignoring them.

+1

Thanks!

I have had an open order with Godspeed Tactical for $300.00 for over 3 months. He refuses to answer my emails and I eventually got created and tracked him down on Ebay, as his son was selling an item on ebay thru Eli's Godspeed Tactical ebay acct. Eli answered my ebay message stating he was sorry and just backed up and would have my items to me in the next couple weeks. This was May 29th. It is now 7/26 and still no fulfillment of order. I attempted contacting him again thru ebay email, telling him to get me my order in a week or refund me my $300.00. Still no reply, so I wrote him again stating I am going to seek legal counsel and hit up Utube Knife Review Channels sharing my nightmare experience with Godspeed Tactical and his serious lack of professionalism. If I hear one more time, Godspeed Tactical has excellent custom kydex sheaths, I am going to PTSD a fool. Please take your money elsewhere and save yourself a major headache! Semper Fi.

I have had an open order with Godspeed Tactical for $300.00 for over 3 months. He refuses to answer my emails and I eventually got created and tracked him down on Ebay, as his son was selling an item on ebay thru Eli's Godspeed Tactical ebay acct. Eli answered my ebay message stating he was sorry and just backed up and would have my items to me in the next couple weeks. This was May 29th. It is now 7/26 and still no fulfillment of order. I attempted contacting him again thru ebay email, telling him to get me my order in a week or refund me my $300.00. Still no reply, so I wrote him again stating I am going to seek legal counsel and hit up Utube Knife Review Channels sharing my nightmare experience with Godspeed Tactical and his serious lack of professionalism. If I hear one more time, Godspeed Tactical has excellent custom kydex sheaths, I am going to PTSD a fool. Please take your money elsewhere and save yourself a major headache! Semper Fi.

You should have looked here first. He has been having trouble since April.

Considering how many sheaths he has listed on the Bay you would think he might be bothered to take care of existing customers with open existing orders first. Seems like he doesn't have much interest in fulfilling his current obligations and is just ignoring those he can and going after new money instead. People like that give the entire sheath making business a bad name.

Oh boy! That's why I went to Azwelke. He might not have the bells and whistles like Eli but his sheaths are quality built. Hopefully Eli won't be the next Martin swinkels.

I have nothing but high praise for Eli and his custom work. While he may have some shortcomings when it comes to communication, or making good on promised delivery times, I believe, no...I know that Eli is a standup and righteous man, and there is more to this story than any of us have a right to know. That said, I would stop short of condemning him given the excellent product and reputation he's garnered. If one must have a custom sheath made up and delivered yesterday, than perhaps you should look elsewhere.

I have nothing but high praise for Eli and his custom work. While he may have some shortcomings when it comes to communication, or making good on promised delivery times, I believe, no...I know that Eli is a standup and righteous man, and there is more to this story than any of us have a right to know. That said, I would stop short of condemning him given the excellent product and reputation he's garnered. If one must have a custom sheath made up and delivered yesterday, than perhaps you should look elsewhere.

While his sheaths are of good quality there are many other makers that will make you a Kydex sheath that is just as good AND communicate with you along the way.

People have been waiting months after their promised delivery date with zero communication, I don't think that qualifies as being in a rush and wanting a sheath yesterday. A customer shouldn't have to hunt you down when their order is overdue to that extent, An explanation is owed to each and every customer he has. If he is so standup and righteous then he could take a few minutes to address his problems on the multiple forums with open threads regarding his 'business' tactics, or lack thereof, take care of his current customers before listing a pile of work for sale, and maybe he might be able to salvage some part of his reputation.

You must be joking right? Standup and Righteous? Ha!

if you want your sheath done in a timely manor or at all, look elsewhere.

I agree with PatrickKnight and Skystorm. Take a look at all the people Eli is screwing. Even if he made good on everything, it would still be months later with excuse after excuse. This is enough for any sane person to never do business with him. There are so many people on here that can do this stuff and do it in accordance with actual Standup Righteousness!

I was looking at getting a kydex sheath done. Godspeed was one of the 3 makers who it came down to. Once I read up on Eli, I sure wasn't gonna order anything from him, no matter how good his work looked. You see, for work to actually be good, one must actually get said work done. Anyway, I went with someone else and had my work done and in my hands in about 3 weeks, with great communication and pictures along the way.

Again folks, there is no reason to put up with this kind of garbage. This stuff gives a bad image to all makers and should be shunned. Way to many great folks out there to have to even think about this kind of nonsense.

Never done business with him but I've had some similar experiences with one kydex maker. Name escapes me as it was a long time ago but I was having a sheath for my LaGana made. No notice a week before I needed it by and they were quite rude and said something along the lines of "it'll be done soon" and 2 weeks past the date I needed it by so I sent them a notice that I was canceling my order and suddenly they said it was going to be shipped out the next day. I still cancelled it.

I'm a big fan of Eli's work, but no way can I support what he's doing now. Even if there's more to the story than we have a right to know, he's got to at least communicate something to his customers. Understand that a short time ago I was calling for patience as well, but this has been going on for months now with no sign of improvement. The action taken by the mods is warranted and Eli still has his chance to make good, which I truly hope he does.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Godspeed, and I hope he makes it as right as possible for you. I just wanted to point out that what has got Eli in trouble is his service, not his product. Good luck sir.

Your not to bright are you :rolleyes:

Maybe you should have yourself a look on ebay for all the sheaths that Godspeed is selling right now.

Don't you think if he could make and sell sheaths on ebay that he could make the sheaths he owes people that already paid?

At first this was a temporary banning, to hopefully spur some positive action.
There has been no communication regarding his banning and AFAIK, no improvement on his business practices.

Godspeed Tactical is now permanently banned.

Word was he had lost his shop and his house. Sounds like a fair reason to hate the man, yeah?

Picked up one of his pancake sheaths for my naked Izula, and I love the damned thing. Good quality, and I hope things pick up enough to where he's making Esse 4 scout sheaths again so I can pick one of those up.

He "lost" his house and his shop? Did they burn down or he just didn't pay his bills? How did he make those eBay sheaths?

Word was he had lost his shop and his house. Sounds like a fair reason to hate the man, yeah?

Picked up one of his pancake sheaths for my naked Izula, and I love the damned thing. Good quality, and I hope things pick up enough to where he's making Esse 4 scout sheaths again so I can pick one of those up.

Hmmm, let's see...

You join in September and this is your first post.

I am pretty sure that the only time you have been on since joining was when you made this post.

There are over 1.2 million threads here containing over 15 million posts total, yet you don't seem interested in any of that huge amount of information, but appear to be concerned that Godspeed Tactical was banned here, bringing up a thread that is over two years old.

Something doesn't look right to me. Something doesn't SMELL right to me. Are you Godspeed Tactical? Or are you just a good buddy of his? Just thinking out loud here... Is your name...Eli???? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back