Going local

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Well it seems that business on the internet is dropping like a rock again so after 2 1/2 years of debating whether or not to hang a sign on the road to advertise my place of business, I've decided to go ahead and do it. I hope to expand the sharpening end of my business and maybe drive up local knife sales. I'm in the process of having two signs made up. One for the road and one for outside the shop.
Scott

Good luck, Scott. I know how you feel. I have been in the autobody business for 18 years & the last 2 are just awful. All you can do is just keep chugging ahead. You make great knives, so anybody who finds you will be real lucky.

Hey Scott,

That sucks! But good luck and don't for get to advertise sharpening lawn mower blades too!

Jerry

Scott, don't be surprised to see a few Amish buggies pull up. No kidding man. They will pay for good tools.

I know I'd be hitting the brakes if I saw your shingle. Who knows, your shop might be a museum or historic landmark some day:D Best wishes to your continued success Scott.

Post some knives in the For Sale forum on here. Those things would go like hot cakes.

Well, if I lived anywhere near you I would definately stop by. I know of zero good knife makers in my neck of the woods. Good luck.

Hello Scott, Where exactly is the shop? I reside in Montgomery County, Md, which I don't think is too far off.

Hello Scott, Where exactly is the shop? I reside in Montgomery County, Md, which I don't think is too far off.

danc, I'm in northern Harford county right on the Mason Dixon line below Lancaster, PA. Probably about an hour and a half north of Montgomery county. The shop address is 2419 Whiteford Rd. Whiteford, Md. 21160. You can google directions.
If you are interested, check out my event thread I'm having in Oct.
Scott

North on 95, to Rte 543 north, to Rte 136 north. If you make it to the intersection of 136 and 165, you've gone too far. Don't worry, he's not even a hundred yards from the intersection ;).

Thanks for the directions, I will check out the events. Looking over your line, you make some great loking knives!
Dan

Scott, stay safe in this heat. One of the few times of year I'm glad I work in an office. AC makes it better ;).

Scott, sorry to hear the bad news.

Coincidentally, just a few days ago I was in your Web site looking for a bushcrafting knife (that's how I found this forum), but there weren't any to be had. Perhaps in the future...

Back