Going to give the Electrician a try.

BMCGear

Gold Member
I have a Cadet, Pioneer, and Farmer. I've also had a couple of Soldiers. I never really have much use for the can opener in my EDC needs and didn't need the small screw driver a lot either so I decided to give the Electrician a try and see how I like the sheepsfoot for EDC task.

I have a Cadet, Pioneer, and Farmer. I've also had a couple of Soldiers. I never really have much use for the can opener in my EDC needs and didn't need the small screw driver a lot either so I decided to give the Electrician a try and see how I like the sheepsfoot for EDC task.
I really really really like my alox electrcian,that small sheepsfoot is great for precision cuts and I like carving with it

I think I would miss the can opener. It has other uses that I like, like dealing with Phillips screws and being a very good staple remover, and pot bail hook for getting the pot off the campfire.

I can say that I must have scissors. The Electrician is a fine tool, but I can't bond with mine. I do wish my knives all had the walk and talk of the Electrician. Strong! Let us know how it works out for you.:)

9BF1BE8F-2400-4749-83B4-C00DAD0A53FA.jpeg B4A09C79-4AFF-4D6F-B1F1-B84EA07379CB.jpeg If you’re stripping very much wire, you might want to check out the Leatherman tool. The thing sticking out of the tool in the lower right of photo #2 is a removeable tweezers.

I think I would miss the can opener. It has other uses that I like, like dealing with Phillips screws and being a very good staple remover, and pot bail hook for getting the pot off the campfire.

I'll still have other SAKs with the can opener.

Very useful SAK IMO... Mine gets quite a bit of use. I was surprised at how much I use both the reamer and the sheepsfoot.

I wish the little sheepsfoot blade was all straight edge and they omitted the wire stripping portion. I think I’d get a lot more use out of it with all straight edge.

The Electrician is my favorite and most-used SAK. No keyring digging into my palm, lots of handle real estate, useful sheepsfoot, and only the tools I generally need. Such a great knife!

Electrician is one of my favorites. I have no need for a can opener so having a small sheeps foot blade is ideal.

The Electrician is a very good SAK if you want two blades. It is one of my more recent SAK acquisitions (Sept 2017).

I think I would miss the can opener. It has other uses that I like, like dealing with Phillips screws and being a very good staple remover......

Indispensable for Philips screws, and yes, a fantastic staple remover.

I'm am electrical engineer, so I use the wire stripper, but not having ANYTHING for Phillips is a deal-breaker. I turn Phillips' more than I need the second blade.

My Electrician has a wire scraper on the inside curve of the screwdriver, which I almost cut myself on every time I open it.

Result? I never use it. I prefer the Super Tinker or '61 Soldier.

Nice thread. I never did pick up an Electrician. Appreciate the observations/opinions.

Back