gold Boker Olde Stag 70455 - is this genuine ?

This knife is tang stamped 70455 and 03836 on the main blade, and Boker USA on the spey blade. It has a Tree Brand etch on the main blade.
All blades are gold coloured, as are the bolsters and backsprings. It dates back to the mid 1970's
I purchased it on Ebay many years ago.
Boker USA could not find any record of a gold model being produced, so I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether this is genuine Boker.
Sorry, I can't work out how to attach a photo
Thanks from Australia

This knife is tang stamped 70455 and 03836 on the main blade, and Boker USA on the spey blade. It has a Tree Brand etch on the main blade.
All blades are gold coloured, as are the bolsters and backsprings. It dates back to the mid 1970's
I purchased it on Ebay many years ago.
Boker USA could not find any record of a gold model being produced, so I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether this is genuine Boker.
Sorry, I can't work out how to attach a photo
Thanks from Australia
My apologies - I made a big boo-boo - the model number of this knife is 70485 not 70455. There are photos on the AAPK website General Knife discussion and Boker forums
Thanks again

From the pictures in this thread, my guess would be that it is genuine, as it looks the same (apart from the gold) as the pictures I could find of other versions of this model. It looks to me that someone has gold plated it themselves, or painted it, some how.

It's just as likely that you are correct, and this is a one off, made specially for someone on the orders of someone at Boker. I do not think it is a fake.

This picture especially, as you can see whatever they have used is rubbing off near the hinge.

I don't know for sure, as I know little to nothing about boker, but I can't see why someone would bother faking this model of knife, as it doesn't appear to be extremely valuable (this one apparently sold for 55 dollars), just looks like someone decided to customise their knife.

From the pictures in this thread, my guess would be that it is genuine, as it looks the same (apart from the gold) as the pictures I could find of other versions of this model. It looks to me that someone has gold plated it themselves, or painted it, some how.

It's just as likely that you are correct, and this is a one off, made specially for someone on the orders of someone at Boker. I do not think it is a fake.

This picture especially, as you can see whatever they have used is rubbing off near the hinge.

I don't know for sure, as I know little to nothing about boker, but I can't see why someone would bother faking this model of knife, as it doesn't appear to be extremely valuable (this one apparently sold for 55 dollars), just looks like someone decided to customise their knife.
Thanks for your comments
On close examination I think the blades and bolsters were anodised before assembly, as the pins don't appear to be anodised. The gold anodising is also wearing off a bit at the blade pivot points, due to friction from opening. I don't think the gold colour is sprayed or painted on as there is no "overspray" onto the staglon handles.
My guess is that it is some sort of special order and thus there is no mention of it in old Boker catalogues.
I was hoping that there was an ex Boker employee out there that may know something, but 1976 is now a long time ago
Thanks for your interest
A.G.

Back