Gold membership

Does the upgrade page only accept cards from CONUS, or am i doing something wrong!!!!!

Keeps telling me error 27 - address does not match card number!

That is cr*p for a start!:(

Dunno if it's worth it. I have thought about purchasing one, since I like this place and would like to support it. Then again, 1SKS charges 150$ for international shipping. As far as I am concerned, they don't want international customers. Well in that case, I will not be an international goldmember either.

Keno

Thanks for that Tom.
All done. :D
The "No international cards" heading does NOT apply to membership upgrades.
Regards, Brent.

richardallen said:
Well in that case, I will not be an international goldmember either.

Keno
Your logic escapes me. If they charge too much for international shipping, don't buy from them.

Do they charge too much for a membeship, too?

if any international folks want a membership, they are welcome to paypal me the $$ and I will pay it with my VISA.

Some serious money has been lost with international dealings, and they are terribly difficult to pursue (legally). That's why Spark stopped taking internat'l CC's. Personally, I don't mind internat'l payments...I just wait until everything clears. He can't afford that luxury, because most customers don't want to wait the extra week for the payment to officially clear. Unfortunately, it punishes the good people too. I wish it weren't so....but that's the way it is.

My offer above is good, anytime for anybody.

Daniel Koster said:
if any international folks want a membership, they are welcome to paypal me the $$ and I will pay it with my VISA.

Some serious money has been lost with international dealings, and they are terribly difficult to pursue (legally). That's why Spark stopped taking internat'l CC's. Personally, I don't mind internat'l payments...I just wait until everything clears. He can't afford that luxury, because most customers don't want to wait the extra week for the payment to officially clear. Unfortunately, it punishes the good people too. I wish it weren't so....but that's the way it is.

My offer above is good, anytime for anybody.

Thank you Sir, I will accept your kind and generous offer and will make it worth your while too. Contact me at my palatial residence happiness.abayomi@pres.gov.ng

Seriously though, you're a good man Daniel :thumbup:

Esav Benyamin,

my logic is quite simple - Spark does not want international customers. If he doesn't want my money in his shop, what makes you think he wants it for a membership? This is were it escapes me what part of my logic you didn't understand. :confused:

For the record, I dont buy from them, can't afford 150$ shipping. That's another knife or two, after all.

Apart from that, and if I understood the concept correctly, yes, they even charge more if you buy an 'international goldmembership'.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2856957&postcount=4

Keno

Ps: Daniel, he still takes orders. It's just very expensive. I'm glad you do take international orders, because at some point I'd like to order something from you. I'd pay in advance, no problem :). Thanks for your offer, but this doesn't change a thing for me. I have a VISA. I could order a membership. I just dont feel that my money is welcome, so I dont do it.

understood, richardallen.....and thanks for posting that link. I try to keep myself abreast of all the changes around here...certainly have been a few...:eek:....I appreciate your explanation. Makes perfect sense. Look forward to being able to get you "hooked up" with some DK work. :thumbup:

Let me add to my offer...which has been long-standing and used, in fact, by a handful of cantina members...

If you are an international customer and want to buy anything "over here"...I will gladly get it for you (upon receipt of payment) and send it "as a gift"...including (and especially) H.I. stuff. The shipping will be the same whether you get it through me or Yangdu. The difference being that Yangdu cannot legally mark it as a "gift" while I most certainly can...;)....and you should save on duty/tax costs. I've lost track of how many times I've done this....3 or 4 dozen perhaps? Anyway, works everytime. Only problem I've had was that one item come back - and it was because I was given the wrong address by mistake. Illegal? Nope. Sneaky? You betcha. :p

Dan (wise as a serpent, harmless as a.....well, not a dove...but maybe something similar....cow, perhaps? :D)

Geeze Dan, if you really want to send me a gift, I've been admiring your santoku's :D

sorry, Shann....gotta move to Thailand first. :D :p :eek:

Back