Good addition to our kits ?

I wonder how it will hold knots - isn't kevlar slippery? Looks interesting, anyway!

Why ?

No....I mean what are you wanting to carry this for ?

Are you serious ?

There are a 101 uses for cordage in the bush. The stronger and smaller the cordage the better. For example Jute is great stuff but not very strong, Para cord is probably the best all round cordage but if this stuff is smaller and stronger then it's gotta be worth considering.

Seems pretty decent to me. $12.50 for a 250ft spool of the 200lb test line seems pretty reasonable. Paracord is great, but for smaller kits, or people who use altoid tin kits and similar, it's not all that compact. This'd be a good solution if it ties well.

there is a also braided, multi strand Spectra out there as well- varies 1.3 to 3mm, varies in test as well- the stuff I carry is roughly 200# and 2mm

the only thing I'd be possibly be concerned w/ is the "slipperyness" of the Kevlar strand, might not be a problem, but could be

^ I use Spectra fishing line (goes by several different names- Spiderwire, etc) for my repair kit, it's very strong for it's diameter- I use 35# test and it's equivalent to about 6 # momofilament- this stuff is definitely slippery, fine for sewing (or emergency fishing)- have to be careful w/ the knots you use

Back