Good quality (if not "best") Nessmuk style folding knife?

It doesn't have to be exactly like his knife, but I'm looking for a good traditional two-bladed folding knife.

Something I can rely on for small camp tasks and carving.

Thanks gents!

George Sears' folding knife was the "moose" pattern. Many companies make this pattern. I'd say just google "moose folding knife" and I'm sure the big factory knife companies like Case and etc make them.

Boker makes a single blade Nessmuk folder, I believe it's designed by Jerry Fisk and is called the Fiskmuk, basically a Nessmuk blade with Jerry's handle. AG Russel sold em lat time I saw one.

Dozier also makes a Nessmuk-skinner shaped folder, but I'm guessing that Joe is actually referring to the standard 2-blade knife in Sears' drawing of the trio (belt axe, skinner, and folder).

Joe, one thing... I too was considering a moose pattern to round out my Nessmuk trio, but got to researching and realized that for me there were other patterns out there that were a better fit. If you're not set yet then you may find out the same thing.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear, I should have asked it another way.

I'm not looking for a folder with a nessmuk style (shaped) blade... I'm looking for a slip-joint style knife that George Washington Sears would have carried.

Basically, who makes a great quality, traditional, two-bladed slip-joint?

GEC Tidioute makes nice moose patterns on their 4-1/8" closed equal end frame. This one is in brimstone bone, with 1095 blades.

BrimstoneMoose.jpg

Just for reference, here are some pictures of the Boker Fiskmuk that thatotherguy mentioned in post #4.

fiskmuk1.jpg

fiskmuk2.jpg

Yes, it's a moose pattern. Go check out GEC. Can't go wrong with them.

Oops, blackmamba beat me to it. :D

Found one! :)

Great Eastern Cutlery: Tidioute #54 Moose - Appaloosa Bone

gec_54_1511_14.jpg

Last edited:
The Boker Plus Fiskmuk is a pretty nice middle of the road production knife for the money.

For those of you who didn't see the knife before the link was removed, it was a Tidioute moose with stag. Beautiful.

Yah. Ist besser.

Handsome knife.

Joe, here is what GEC calls a Bighorn Moose, same bone as yours, the appaloosa bone, but with two clip blades.

BHMooseApp.jpg

It's also interesting to note that your moose and mine in brimstone bone (post #7 in this thread) have the blades switched. Yours has a clip master, while mine had the spear master.

Back