Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions?

My grandfather gave me my first Randall which means the world to me. I'm looking for a 4 inch stainless Randall fixed blade that I could city carry without the public dialing 911.

Thanks for your help!

The 8 is a fantastic blade and is 4 1/8 inch. If it was me I'd get a 19 4 1/2 though.:D

I've been looking at the Model 25 - "The Trapper"....looks like a perfect edc. Do members sell here of do you need to be lucky to avoid the 5 year wait period. Money will be in my hand in a couple weeks.

bleev3, the The 25-5 Trapper is a fairly large sized knife. The new Model #28 Woodsman uses the same blade profile but comes in a 1/2 shorter, full-tang, thinner steel configuration - thus, a smaller, lighter, drop point. You might also want to look into the #8 and #5-4 for carry knives, or the non-catalog GTR (Gary T. Randall) Special, or the slightly larger Denmark Special. The again, you can go fully covert with the all-steel Triathlete... :D

Woodsman, Denmark, Triathlete...

28NSBS.jpg1_DS_O1BMMBCB2.jpgTriathleteSTD.jpg

Hope that helps...

Go for a model 26 "Pathfinder." Heck of a sweet little knife, and the blade length is exactly 4". You can get a 25 handle on it too, which looks really sharp.

Last edited:
My choice was a Model 23 with a 4.5" blade for a "user".

All of the suggestions are good though, for me it boiled down to which blade shape did it for me the most, and how many different tasks the knife was expected to do..

Last edited:
that I could city carry without the public dialing 911.

That's the problem right there. You might consider the smaller (than four inch) Model 11-3 1/4". It's a nice-looking and lightweight drop point that's both useful and people friendly. On the Randall website it's listed as a non-catalog model.

True enough. The GTR Special (also a "non-catalog" knife), at 3.5", would be a good choice too.

I'm really fond of the "Fireman". Nice size, stout as all get out, not big enough to alarm people. Especially when you tell them it's made/designed for fire/rescue personnel.

70040-Fireman%5B1%5D.jpg

klc02741_fireman_special_ce_pop_up.jpg

Look around for someone to sell a GTR, those are small and handy to carry.

I'd look at the #8 in both the full and shortened guard models, and the #5-4.

The shortened guard #8 would make a dandy city and town knife.

Last edited:
RandallMini-10.jpg

Model 10 3.5' Blade: Guaranteed to be a favorite and not startle anyone.
Randall10-3.jpg

Very capable blade and will not get much attention at al.

The Mod 8's sharpened top edge makes it illegal in to carry here in Tennessee,a look at your states knife laws would be a good idea if you want to carry it in public.

That's a good point. A very high percentage of Randalls have a sharpened top bevel. If you live in one of those states with idiotic knife laws, either look at a different knife or order it from the shop and ask them not to sharpen the bevel (which they'll do).

I’d stay away from the Model 8. Cops will see any double edged knife as a weapon.

My favorite small Randall is the Model 26. With the stag handle or the Model 25 grip, it’s friendly and non-threatening. The drop point blade makes it a useful task knife.

Back