"Good reason" to carry a knife

I enjoy multiple outdoor recreational activities, hunting, fishing, mushroom picking, camp fires, peaceful time in nature etc. And I bring, at minimum, a SAK on a keychain, as a common carry. The times that I don't have a pocket knife stand out as the times that I wish I had one. So it's a better practice to have something on the key chain............With that said, I recently got into it will a dick at work who is looking for a complaint to submit about me. I opened up a card board box in the workplace, he saw it, and nothing was said. A few days later I am hauled in and asked if I am carrying a pocket knife (it was an Alox vic Pioneer). I said yes and that in 40 years of having one I have never harmed or threatened to harm anyone. Then of course there was a buried workplace protocol about carrying a pocket knife. The complaint likely took time because Dufus was going through reference manuals trying to nail me with management. Anyway, I simply said that I would put it in my car, which I did. Never heard a peep since. Office politics and head games from a disgruntled staff member.

Good reason to carry is something to admire when in Church or at a boring relatives house. Bring your favorite for these occasions!
That's very much why I always have a second knife with me. One is just there to give me something else to fiddle with and use as a worry stone as much as a knife

Glad you agree NG. Also a new Citizen or Seiko dive watch is always a great addition to your favorite blade to admire when forced to attend a crappy event. Great toys to fiddle with when stuck visiting folks that are not into good stuff like guns and knives.

My father in law now 89 added to our family's lexicon "I got my pants on." Just one time in my life when I was a young and foolish sailor in Chicago back in the early 70's just displaying one saved me from a severe beating or worse. For many years after that I never was without one. I always have a variety on my desk since I spend a lot of time at home now.

Let's not forget something to play with when watching TV. A flipper is great to mess with for this occasion.

Wow, this thread takes me back to fond memories of its starter, James Mattis...may he rest in peace. He was a bright light and will always be missed, and never forgotten.
I miss his posts, a lot. What a great guy.šŸ˜ž

I am a human being. There is no reason for me to exist, other than at some point, one of my ancestors used their protein fed brain to sharpen a stone and defend their soft spongy existence. I carry a knife because doing so makes me uniquely human. My grandchildren will carry for the same reason.

Back