Good Shaving cream/soap?

Mike's natural soap, google it and you'll find his site, he sells direct. For what it's worth I've been using my Thiers Issard for nearly two years and haven't even honed it, let alone sharpened it, just smooth leather.
+1 on this. Mike's, Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat are all very nice, but my current preference goes to Mike.

-Phil

+1 on this. Mike's, Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat are all very nice, but my current preference goes to Mike.

-Phil
Phil, took your advice and ordered from Mike, to early to tell but the first shaves went well the tallow in the soap left my face feeling conditioned. Thanks

I've tried about 50 soaps. And find that most of them work great. Tabac is probably the easiest. Some object to the scent though. Your choice of brush and how to handle it have a bit to do with how well they perform. Boars and Badgers need soaking. But a little wringing out of the brush will lead to better results. Some soaps are thirstier and need a little more water. Just my .02.

I live it the KC area also (Gardner) and have been to Art of Shaving....once. Silly. I've tried soaps and creams and still cant find anything that works better than Cremo. You have your face wet,works it around like a soap or creme and its smooth as butta! Cheap at Walmart too. Dr Carters Shave Butter is very nice too.

And if I don’t have Cremo I use.......
Hair conditioner! Made to soften and treat HAIR. Rub it in and the razor glides over you face. Think about when you rinse out conditioner. Has that slick feeling under full force water for a bit. Sounds ghetto but it works fine!

Shave my dome and face with a de razor, fine makes some great soaps American blend (barbershop scent)and platinum (creed scent)and stirling barbershop, executive man, and deep blue are all great scents. Stirling soaps are a little bigger size than most others

As mentioned, Cremo. You have to get used to the fact that it doesn’t lather up like traditional shaving creme. But it’s slippery, smooth, works great, and cheap. Weird stuff.

Back