1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Good Shaving cream/soap?

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by JD Spydo, Aug 29, 2018.

1. pwest

pwest

Apr 10, 2013
    +1 on this. Mike's, Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat are all very nice, but my current preference goes to Mike.

-Phil

2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Phil, took your advice and ordered from Mike, to early to tell but the first shaves went well the tallow in the soap left my face feeling conditioned. Thanks

3. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Another +! for Taylor of Old Bond Street

4. mantic59

mantic59

Nov 24, 2010
    Not to "toot my own horn" (too much) but I have a list of good shaving creams and soaps that you could look at for ideas.

garry3 and Skidoosh like this.
  5. Bill3152

Bill3152

Nov 27, 2018
    I've tried about 50 soaps. And find that most of them work great. Tabac is probably the easiest. Some object to the scent though. Your choice of brush and how to handle it have a bit to do with how well they perform. Boars and Badgers need soaking. But a little wringing out of the brush will lead to better results. Some soaps are thirstier and need a little more water. Just my .02.

garry3 likes this.
  6. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I live it the KC area also (Gardner) and have been to Art of Shaving....once. Silly. I've tried soaps and creams and still cant find anything that works better than Cremo. You have your face wet,works it around like a soap or creme and its smooth as butta! Cheap at Walmart too. Dr Carters Shave Butter is very nice too.

7. RichardBoyer

RichardBoyer

Aug 6, 2009
    There are many excellent choices. I use the shaving soaps from Stirling Soap company.

8. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    And if I don’t have Cremo I use.......
    Hair conditioner! Made to soften and treat HAIR. Rub it in and the razor glides over you face. Think about when you rinse out conditioner. Has that slick feeling under full force water for a bit. Sounds ghetto but it works fine!

Skidoosh likes this.
  9. teddy1093

teddy1093 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2017
    Shave my dome and face with a de razor, fine makes some great soaps American blend (barbershop scent)and platinum (creed scent)and stirling barbershop, executive man, and deep blue are all great scents. Stirling soaps are a little bigger size than most others

10. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    A&E Grecian Horse is nice.

11. ANick

ANick

Aug 1, 2019
    Barrister and Mann Reserve line or Murphy and Mcneal. Great for straights.