Good thrower for beginner?

I am into the custom stuff so I am a bit biased . If you want inexpensive knives,I would go for the Cold Steel maybe the larger Hibbens from United Cutlery. I have a line of throwers that I produce. Then you have Tru-Balance knife co and Jeff Koch who is a forum member. Check out the Thrower page in your search engines and www.stickingpoint.com for more info for different makers and retailers. You can get a custom thrower for as little a $25.00-$35.00 from a few custom makers. These knives will last you a lifetime.

------------------
AKTI member #1000
President South Carolina Association of Knifemakers
President American Knife Throwers Alliance

http://www.brantonknives.com

[This message has been edited by Knifeslinger (edited 08-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Knifeslinger (edited 08-13-2000).]

If you are looking for the best deal on an acceptable throwing knife, I can also suggest the large Cold Steel thrower. I have 5 and have found the work fine. Search the net for the best price, you should find them around $15.00 apiece. For size and design these are just fine but be advised that they are a little lighter than most would suggest and have a tendency to rebound more than the heavier knives.

------------------
Webmaster
The Sticking Point
www.commonlogic.com/knife

There are lots of options in the $15 to $25 range, including the CS knives mentioned above, the larger Hibbens, of course the old standby "blazing arrow". Jon Goss's "Dragon Knives", IMHO the best production thrower since the larger Blackjack, maybe better, is only $29 I think...

Remember you should get a small set at least so you don't have to retrieve your knife after every throw. If you only get one knife, learning is a lot harder. 3 is a good minimum.

There are even custom throwers in the lower end of the price range. Lee Fugat makes his "bare essential" model in the $15 or $20 range, and I think Bobby Branton also has his "sticker" in this range, so there really are lots of options.

You can find links to all the knives above at various throwing weapon web pages. <a href="http://www.sonic.net/~quine/thrower.html"> I have one here </a> which has a link to many of the production and custom throwing knife makers. Just read over the page a bit and you'll find the right links. There are other references linked there as well.

[This message has been edited by matthew rapaport (edited 08-17-2000).]

Back