Gossman Knives picture thread

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Post your pics here. I love feedback so lets hear what you've been using your knives for.
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get things started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horace Kephart in A2 and Curly Maple

Just got this one from Scott, but it's going to be this seasons main outdoors knife!

Kephart-Full-Pile-Sheath.jpg

Nessmuk in O1 and Desert Ironwood.

Razorback-Nessmuk-Sheath.jpg

Every Day Carry (EDC) pocket/necker. This was an idea I had, that Scott was able to perfectly bring to reality, 6.5 inches overall, in D2 and Buffalo Horn!

BearClaw-2.jpg

Jigged Bone Hunter, this was my first knife that I bought from Scott, over 3 years ago I think, 8.5 inches overall, in 5160 and red jigged bone.

RZ2.jpg

OK folks, let's see your pictures of Scott's work!

Here are some of my Gossman Beauties!

Stainless PSK JR and A2 Custom Design Hunter

GossmanandHaughPerfection.jpg

A2 Tusker Max 3/16" thick with Desert Ironwood Handle

MYGOSSMANTUSKERANDJRESHEATH.jpg

Tusker019.jpg

Tusker018.jpg

Tusker016.jpg

A2 PSK Jr.

PSKJR.jpg

PSK Jr. Battoning

KevbattonswithGossmanpskjr.jpg

edcitems.jpg

Gossman Modified Ontairo 1-18 Machete

GOSSMANMACHETE.jpg

Machetemodificationbygossman.jpg

great pics guys..:thumbup: i like that PSK jr. kevin....:eek:

here's mine.. a 4 nessmuk in o-1 and desert ironwood scales... i won this beauty over at www.ramanon.com in a raffle/passaround...:D
IMG_0861.jpg

and a pic of my PSK with my PSK.. kydex sheath made by sharpshooter sheath systems...
IMG_0536.jpg

Kevin, you poor fellow. It looks like all those beautiful knives are very heavy and hard to handle all at once. For your own sake, you really should give one or two to somebody else. Nobody in particular. Really....

Just maybe another dude from CT....

Perhaps a guy who also happens to be a moderator at Bladeforums...

Maybe even, say, er, the Wilderness forum moderator.

You know, nobody in particluar...:D

The stolen knives.

kysg91-vi.jpg

Sgoss06-vi.jpg

And here are the newly finished replacements...

sg62-vi.jpg

This is my go to knife. Tusker 8" blade, 8670M steel, lignum vitae scales. I've used this one extensively and i'm impressed with it's performance. Edge holding is great.
Scott

lvtusker.jpg

Here is a pic of the custom hunter in its sheath and a picture of the Gossman Firesteel Striker that was recently sharpened up to make an ice little blade.

100_0346.jpg

100_0347.jpg

100_0348.jpg

Awesome pics. Well, I don't have a Gossman, but I did get some steel and some knowledge from him to build me a blade, it looks like a Gossman and was inspired by him. Here she be almost done.

hm.jpg

Wow! You really have those convex grinds down my friend. I bet those perform and chop as well as any on the planet!

Nice!

STR

Awesome pics. Well, I don't have a Gossman, but I did get some steel and some knowledge from him to build me a blade, it looks like a Gossman and was inspired by him. Here she be almost done.

hm.jpg

Damn that looks awesome buddy! :thumbup:
Scott

Here's one of my favorite pics. It's part of two dead scrub pines that I took down with a Tusker and my version of Beck's WSK. These trees were dead for about 5 years and hard as hell.
Scott

Picture144.jpg

Thanks Scott, I might have to send her in to your for your magic touch. I'm having a bitch of a time getting a nice usable edge and my arm has grown 2 inches in diameter sanding the damn thing. I'll email you for a cost analysis.

Kevin, that nice little one at the end, Razorback, now put that through it's paces with some photos please! Nice pics all around, good job on the knives Scott.

tracker, that is actually a striker I make for ferro rods. I don't normally put a sharp edge on them but Kev wanted it sharpened. The Razorback mark is a long story :rolleyes: I use to be Razorback Knives. It was my user name here on BF.
Rob, send it to me, I'll fix you up. Once these blades are hardend and tempered, they are a bitch to do by hand. Hell, when I grind D2 after HT, it wears on grinding belts. D2 is very wear resistant.
Scott

These were going to leave the collection, but I like them too much. I've got a Tusker too, pic is somewhere on Jerzeedevil. Got a PSK with Scott, he's going to make a kydex sheath for it, and put green micarta scales on it.

horse_216_006.jpg

horse_216_005.jpg

My Tusker with desert ironwood scales I picked up at the 2006 Chesapeake Knife Show. A2, with a custom choil. In the middle!;)
picture_006.jpg

Here is a better pic of the handle. The scales looked great when I gave them to Scott, he made them look perfect:thumbup:!
picture_009.jpg

I got to watch this bad boy get grinded out. The man took a bar of steel and shaped it into a knife. Didn't even have to draw the blade shape on the handle, threw on a respirator and away he went. Only part he marked was the choil. Pretty cool.

Oh yeah, he also took the coating off of the Camp Tramp.

Back