Got a couple of folders in the mail today

Got a box today containing a Dozier 3" folder with the thumbhole and the other JAB Folder, the Piggyback. Typical Ka-Bar, hair popping sharp right out of the box. That is all.:D

Reviews! We needs them!

I've been debating a few different folders for a while (I know, I know, they're all cheap, but I'm picky). The dozier is one that I've been semi-interested in. I just wish they made a 2.5in version with a liner lock or frame lock...

I am looking at this thread and yet I see no photos. Villagers demand photos!

I recently picked up the Baconmaker folder and it has had its way with many fruits and vegetables since. I may have to get the Piggyback and a Phat Bob before long.

Ok ok! Here are pics of the 3" Dozier, the Piggyback, and the Baconmaker.

Attachments

• kabar 001.jpg
    kabar 001.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 28
  • kabar 002.jpg
    kabar 002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 15
Good looking knives. I have never owned a folding kabar. Need to fix that soon.

KA-BAR has some right fine folders, and for the price, you can try them all out, without worry.

I'm really impressed with the JAB folders, and so was my Ol' Man. Him and mom are heading out for a few years of national travel (bought a bigass RV), I told him to come over and check out the my knife cabinet, and pick 'em out something he likes and wants.

Out of MY cabinet (its pretty big, if you can imagine that), he took a JAB Potbelly, and a Piggyback folder. Ol' Man's got good taste.

Moose

yay pictures!

I never realized the cool recurve on those JAB folders. Nice.

The JAB knives are a bit stouter than the Dozier, due to the stainless liners. You can tell right off, they weigh a bit more and just have that "feel" to them. The Dozier is so light you don't even notice it in your pocket, but it's more than durable enough for just about any conceivable use.

It's what I carry at work. It or a Kershaw Skyline. I do delivery service and sometimes need to cut straps or open a box. The Dozier is plain looking and doesn't draw any attention at many of the places I go to, that don't allow knives to be carried by their employees. I pulled out the Baconmaker at one of them and got a funny look. I guess it was the black blade finish.

Back