Got a great email this morning.

Looked at my email this morning and what did I find? An email from Ed Fowler saying that my Pronghorn is ready and I will have it in a very short time. This is something that I have been waiting to hear for a long time and I am like a little kid at Christmas. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I can hardly wait.

I am not a good at photography, but will try to get a picture up as soon as I can.

Congratulations, KWM! How long have you been waiting for this knife? I had to search around the net a bit to find a picture of a Pronghorn, but it was worth the effort.

On question; Are you planning on using it, or framing it?

Congratulations Keith.
I really wish I could be there to see your face the first time you pick it up. You are in for a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

Keith - emails from custom makers telling you your knife is ready to roll are the best! Congrats on your Fowler.

Thanks guys! :D

Gus, I would also like to be able to see my face when I open my knife and you can be sure that I will enjoy it very much.

Happy Camper, this knife is going to be a user. Personally, I can't see the reasoning behind getting an Ed Fowler knife and not using it. Maybe if it was one of his big damascus Iron Mistresses I would put it away, but this one was bought to use.

I have been waiting a long time. Not the 7 years that Ed states is his current waiting period, but close enough so that I am thrilled to be getting this knife. Hopefully if I order another one I won't have to wait 7 years to get it. I could be dead by then.

Wow I must type slow. I was typing my responce to Gus and Happy Camper while Dexter was posting and there is a full ten minutes between posts. Thanks Dex (I hope it is OK to call you that. If not please let me know), every time I get an email from a maker stating that my knife is ready, I feel fantastic. The only better feeling is when I actually get the knife.

Originally posted by KWM
Thanks Dex (I hope it is OK to call you that. If not please let me know

Keith - no problem. That's what all my friends call me. In fact I answer to just about anything :)

Be sure to take a pic/scan the knife if you can for us to share in your joy!

Congratulations, Keith! Kudos to you for using it, too many people wouldn't-what a waste of a fine knife. Bet you'll enjoy it ten times more on your belt, than you would in a drawer:)

Moving to community.....hehe

You are going to love this knife!:D

I have a few older Fowlers, but had a chance to purchase a newer Pronghorn at the Oregon Show - and DID. Well worth it IMO. Very spendy, but if there's ever a $1000+ handmade knife that screams to be used, it's one by Ed Fowler. Extremely well thought out. Seemingly tireless testing of blades by a diligent MasterSmith.

Try to get to a show and meet Ed. It's like seeing an old friend. He just looks you in the eye and talks to you like he's known you for years. Quite a gentleman.

KWM,

Congrats, I know you won't be disappointed and your knife will handle any task you put it to.

-Jose

Just got word that my knife is going to be on it's way to me today so I should get it in about a week. The weird thing is, the knife goes all the way to Seattle and then back to me again. This hub thing really is a pain.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I know I am going to love this knife. I just hope that everyone around these parts can handle a fixed blade as an every day carry.

Call Dex anything you want Keith! You should hear what his "friends" call him. :p

Congrats on your Fowler! I've met Ed several times at the OKCA show and he's a great guy and well, you know how good his knives are. Wish I would have snapped up that Pronghorn he had left on his table a few years ago.:(

Keith, I'm so happy for you, I know you're going to love it.
There's not a day that goes by that I don't fondle mine. After you've admired it from every angle you can think of and popped it in and out of the sheath several times, my suggestion to you to really get to know this knife is close your eyes, wrap your hand around the handle. Now Ed may have never shook your hand, but he did make it to fill your hand perfectly didn't he? Then, put your pointing finger in front of the guard, onto the ricasso and your thumb onto the rounded spine of the blade. As good as it felt with all of your fingers on the handle, one finger in front of the gurad feels even better. More natural for any cutting chore you can imagine. Now, go out and cut something, because not using that knife should be a crime. Enjoy it and use it in good health.

BTW, when you get a pic of it, I'll put it in an avatar for you. ;)

It is interesting to track my knife as it travels across the US from Riverton to Denver to Chicago and now it is in Canada sitting in customs. Hopefully I will get it in the next couple of days. I am starting to develope a twitch.

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!! Oh sorry, I'm just a little excited. My knife arrived today and it is a beauty. It fits my hand like it is a part of me and it is a knife that just begs to be used. Being that I am at work (don't tell the boss that I on BladeForums), I have only had the chance to cut some paper and open a few boxes with it so far. Not much of a challenge. I will give it more of a workout later.

I will get some pictures soon.

Did I mention that I was excited?

Kieth - you must resist the urge to bisect your keyboard! :eek:

Must be great to hold that knife in your hand though.

hey Keith, the wait is driving me nuts...Pics Please...:)
the more i see his blades the more i want;)

Back