Got grinder, must grind!

Burchtree

KnifeMaker & Moderator
After much deliberation, and plenty of questions to all of you -- I finally got a grinder. I was going to get a Coote, then make my own, then buy a Grizzly, then buy a Coote . . . etc., etc.

Well, impetiouness took over, and I drive over to grizzly (1/4 mile away) and just bought the Grizzly on a whim.

I'm pretty happy with it right now -- I ground out a blade last night and got 6 more feet of steel to work with.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help with my grinder problems.

I got a long Memorial Day weekend, and plenty o' time. Life is good. ;)

Michael,

Congrats on the new shop addition! The griz is an excellent value and will provide tons of great service. You'll have a blast with it as well as the ability to create some very fine knives.

Have fun with it!

Sincerely,
Rob

you should search for the stuff allen blade did to his Grizz with a few mods it can be a very capable machine from what I understand.

Will do. Since my old (but stout) inch-inch Belsaw grinder is all I've ever used, the Grizzly seems like some sort of "miracle machine." :D

Rob, thanks for the advice the other day.

mr. rob frink makes great stuff and i know he has done improvements for grizz owners. happy grinding!

Hi Burchtree, that is quite a warehouse Grizzly has in Springfield.I bought the knife grinder buffer last winter and so far so good. Also ended up getting a Grizzly drill press, metal cutting bandsaw, and a 1hp. dust collecting vacuum system. For the money the quality is good. The instructions though translated from Chinese I assume, can be vague to not making any sense at all.:D

Back