Got my first little blue box!!

I also just registered, been lurking for a couple months. Got a visit from the UPS girl earlier and now have my very own 43a! My first quality balisong.

...and just now as I'm typing this got blood all over the handles :(. a small cut on my knuckle just reopened while flipping and I didn't even notice.

Anyways, beautiful knife as most of you know. A little more blade play then I think there should be. Adjusting the screws either makes it too tight or too loose. I'll see if it gets any better when I find some Militec-1 and have it properly lubed.

I Don't know how I'll ever get used to the weight of this though. I noticed you guys have your own resident handle smith here, maybe Mer can do something for me. Geez, this IS an expensive hobby isn't it. And I'm broke as the CCC I used up until last week. Oh well, I'm depressed now and it's time to get to bed. Talk to you guys later.

Cyco

I Don't know how I'll ever get used to the weight of this though.

Oh, that's what I thought when I got my first one. I didn't like it. But, I committed to try it for a week and now I love it. It takes a little getting used to.

If that doesn't work out for you, have Mer make some little weights for you out of depleted uranium that will fit right into a couple of the skeleton holes on each handle. That'll fix you right up.

Welcome to the forum!

Once I got used to the weight and the characteristics of my 42 it was hard to get myself to manipulate anything else. I then modified it by cutting the latch off and shortening the handles up. I've carried it as an EDC for several months and use it constantly.

Yesterday I broke out the 43 I'd been using as an EDC, before I modified the 42, and it seemed heavy and clumsy compared to the latchless knife.........:rolleyes:

Like Chuck said, give it a little time and you'll be 'throwing rocks' at the others.;)

Dawkind: This is very interesting. How does it carry? I mean, do you use a sheath? Maybe you could post pictures of your modifications. I'm kind of interested in what it looks like and whatnot. Thanx.

Welcome. Get prepared for a lot more cuts. Been flipping a 42 for many months and still can't get used to it. Glad Mer makes steel handles. Lots of stuff here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Originally posted by bloodyknuckles
Dawkind: This is very interesting. How does it carry? I mean, do you use a sheath? Thanx.

I have a horizontal sheath just to the right of my belt buckle. I carry the handles forward and deploy into a reverse ice-pick.

The only time I've had any trouble was one time (so far) putting the knife back into the sheath. I radiused the bottom of the handles to take away the sharp edges. This allowed my finger to slip between the handles as I slid the knife back into the sheath. The result was the tip of my index finger ended up between the blade and the handle as I pushed. Since the knife and my finger won't fit in the sheath at the same time, my finger came out on the 'sh!t end of the stick', so to speak.

It stopped bleeding after a while...... :eek: ;)

Welcome to the Psycho Circus.

You'll get used to the 42 (and get one or two more)in no time.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

After flipping for a couple of days I am getting used to it. Still can't do everything I could with my steel china cheapies, but I'm getting there.

Cyco

Back