Got my First RAT.

So I bought one, paid the buy it now price large red letters in the ad that read ALL KNIVES IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP...well they didn't have the knife in stock and since its D2 no news on when they will get it. Yes they said everyone was upset and most of all the RAT guys...but they still have the IN STOCK ad running....not a good impression for a first time RAT buyer but a long time knife collector ....not good for the image guys

I agree, it's not good for the RAT image or the dealer image.

We have no control over when Ontario RAT product ships and yours is obviously an Ontario product since it's D2. We only have control over RAT Cutlery. With that said, a dealer should never advertise that something is in stock when its not. RAT Cutlery has a few delays but we do our best to keep the customer updated on 1) the reason for the delay and 2) when we expect to ship. We update our web site constantly with the latest information and also update the forums with the latest info.

Customers are the absolute, number 1, most important thing to Mike and I. A customer needs to be informed completely of the product, and not have to worry that once they decide to trust a company with their hard-earned money that they become nothing but another number. We believe that we are required to go the extra mile to be truthful, make sure the customer gets a good product and then back that product with excellent customer service. RAT Cutlery will be successful in the long run simply because those rules are our first concern.

Well if I like this knife as I exspect I will I will be buying larger ones, though I like D2 1095works for me as well.

It is sad that the dealer would not respond well to your questions. Sometimes even when you say "everything is in stock" there can be a problem in inventory numbers, but they should come clean when they go to ship!

To update....the dealer is offering an upgrade version at no additional cost, I replied I would take it. So at least the dealer has tried to fix the situation.

I don't like to badmouth people unless they really need it. I was irretated over being missled about them having the knife in stock and buying from them when I could have looked some where else and not had to wait twice as long, however they have now offered a higher priced model for the same price even though it is 1095 instead of D2 they did try to do something to make up for it.

Well Azis,

Lets put it this way. Who was the awsome company that did the right thing for you as we would like to know so we can purchace from such a standup company? :D

well since you put it that way lets put it this way... they might be one of the first on the list on the RC website.

I got it today RC-3 the upgrade is nice, I don't need the better sheath as I will get a leather one for it. Now to see how this sharpens and works

Back