Got my first Survive! A GSO-5.1

Yes i do also. Again worth the wait. Just saying that thete may be people willing to pay to have the option for faster processing. And hopefully things do get easier for guy and the team later on but would rather the wait then a lower quality product so you guys just keep doing you.

I'm craving a GSO series right now, and have been for a year or so now! I cannot find one for the life of me.
I started loving the GSO-6 but I'd settle for a 4.1, 5, 5.1, or a 6.
I'm still a bit iffy on a 4.1 because I like the length for batoning. Still, its a GSO!

I want to ask which version is that GSO 5.1 Specifically? CPM 20CV or CPM 3v? (I peeked around and didn't see anyone ask, sorry if someone has)
Thanks for the post!

I'm craving a GSO series right now, and have been for a year or so now! I cannot find one for the life of me.
I started loving the GSO-6 but I'd settle for a 4.1, 5, 5.1, or a 6.
I'm still a bit iffy on a 4.1 because I like the length for batoning. Still, its a GSO!

I want to ask which version is that GSO 5.1 Specifically? CPM 20CV or CPM 3v? (I peeked around and didn't see anyone ask, sorry if someone has)
Thanks for the post!

It's a 3V GSO-5.1.

I just got a GSO-3.5 in 3V from S!K, and I have a GSO-4.1 in 3V on order too. :thumbup:
I'll post some pix of them soon.

I'm seriously thinking about a GSO-7 when they hit the S!K site... :D

Yeah i thought about the 7 but knowing i will get the ten and owning the 5.1 it would be a pointless purchase. I feel the 5.1 can do everything the 7 can and more with the choil.

It's a 3V GSO-5.1.

I just got a GSO-3.5 in 3V from S!K, and I have a GSO-4.1 in 3V on order too. :thumbup:
I'll post some pix of them soon.

I'm seriously thinking about a GSO-7 when they hit the S!K site... :D
Holy crap I'm so jealous, 3V is my favourite of all steels haha. Are you ordering the 4.1 from their website or somewhere else? Did u have to wait at all, if so how long?

Sorry for the questions I'm just really determined to get one before winter hits. If at all possible.

Last edited:
Bowman78 as Mic77 said , there IS a GSO 5.1 on the big auction site at the moment . If you really want one you might want to check it out .

Good luck

I realize they are a 3 person operation and know they're doing the best they can. Hopefully their supply will start to match their demand!

We are actually down to 2 right now.

Yes i do also. Again worth the wait. Just saying that thete may be people willing to pay to have the option for faster processing. And hopefully things do get easier for guy and the team later on but would rather the wait then a lower quality product so you guys just keep doing you.

The problem is that there are people willing to pay extra for a faster processing time. Probably a lot of people, which would incur a longer wait. Then people would be mad because they paid extra to be expedited but still had to wait. We have not been willing to take that gamble. On the same topic, we are getting caught up pretty quickly right now. Once we get moved we will be starting over with no pending orders so the wait times will be much shorter for open orders.

Thanks Ellie, No complaints here about the Survive team . I have been treated like family by Guy and everyone I spoke to there :thumbup:

Ellie, if the product wasn't so dang good, there wouldn't be such a high demand =)

Seriously, good luck with the move and the stress and only being a 2 person operation!

Here's to running water in Idaho!

I'm waiting on my two 3.5 to ship they said they were in stock. On line and when I called just no shipping confirmation yet. My kids are excited for there first very own knives.

Holy crap I'm so jealous, 3V is my favourite of all steels haha. Are you ordering the 4.1 from their website or somewhere else? Did u have to wait at all, if so how long?

Sorry for the questions I'm just really determined to get one before winter hits. If at all possible.

Yeah, S!K's 3V Rocks! :thumbup: I've only used it in the kitchen so far but it's been great!

Yes, I ordered from the S!K site and am waiting for the GSO-4.1 to arrive.
They have a newsletter and I suggest you sign up if you're interested in ordering direct. That's how I found out the 4.1's were available. ;)

If not you'll have to prowl the Exchange here on BF or that Auction site as Mic77 suggested.

Good luck Bowman78!!!

Yeah i thought about the 7 but knowing i will get the ten and owning the 5.1 it would be a pointless purchase. I feel the 5.1 can do everything the 7 can and more with the choil.

I hear you. The set of a GSO-10 and a GSO-5.1 makes perfect sense and a great set. :thumbup:
I have several monster choppers, and am thinking about another blade in the 8" range.

We shall see... ;)

So do I just email survive to get the process going for a 5.1? or are they not making them?

So do I just email survive to get the process going for a 5.1? or are they not making them?

Go to the Survive! Knives website. When they're available to order, there will be an add to cart link.
Next up will hopefully be some GSO-5's, Scandi Grind GSO-4.1's, and the GSO-7/7.

Oh and sign up for the newsletter!

Ellie is GREAT at keeping us up to date with it!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Go to the Survive! Knives website. When they're available to order, there will be an add to cart link.
Next up will hopefully be some GSO-5's, Scandi Grind GSO-4.1's, and the GSO-7/7.

Oh and sign up for the newsletter!

Ellie is GREAT at keeping us up to date with it!!! :thumbup:

Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked, I thought they we all like limited runs or something and then you had to contact them and special order one.

I too got an 5.1 today. It's my first Survive! Knives; first impressions seem promising. The fit and finish it awesome! Can't wait to actually use it.

yK8FiAh.jpg

Congrats on your first Survive GSO Knife_Man . I think you'll find it to be everything you hoped it would . I have the GSO 5 and it's design and sharpness is beyond what I expected . Guy really does have a way of designing the most functional knives I've come across so far.

Back