Got my new Special Projects Catalog

sodak

Gold Member
Cold Steel,

You have my attention. A Master Hunter in CPM 3V? A steal at the listed price! I usually browse through the catalog and find a couple of things that are interesting, but dang, I'm finding a LOT more now, great stuff!

Along the CPM 3V lines, how about Trail Master and Recon Scout? That would really make my day! :D

Does it list the hardness of the 3V in the catalog? Thanks. Looking at this one myself.

If I recall correctly Cold Steel's 3V is about 60-61 HRC. As I understand it, treated to 58-59 3V is almost indestructible so most manufacturers sacrifice a little toughness to make it harder.

Cold Steel,

You have my attention. A Master Hunter in CPM 3V? A steal at the listed price! I usually browse through the catalog and find a couple of things that are interesting, but dang, I'm finding a LOT more now, great stuff!

Along the CPM 3V lines, how about Trail Master and Recon Scout? That would really make my day! :D

Those sound very cool, but for now I think I'll be OK with all the same models in Carbon V/San Mai III.

Still waiting on my new catalog. In the meantime, I've been snatching up the AUS-8 models at special prices on some of the knife retailers' websites. There are some great deals out there currently.

I m carrying my new American Lawman in xhp steel. With an rc of 60-61, it should have good edge retention. I like the apparent strength and the fit and finish of the knife. Nice and light for edc and I m getting used to the black blade.:cool:

I have an Ultimate Hunter in the mail, couldn't resist that one. I still have my "old" Lawman and love it. I'm sure yours will be excellent at that hardness.

Back