Got Shield?

BladeMan

Lhotak Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
After an urgent request for a bulletproof serrated Ti shield, that is what Sam came up with.
BT23 plate 18.5" x 11.5" with Ti handle.

schild_04.jpg

After a little cleaning up, drilling two holes for the support strap, sharpening and hardening the serrations this is what i made of it. Coated it with a bedliner and made Neopren/3D-Mesh padding (is easy replaceable because attached with velcro) and wrapped the handle with leather.

schild_01.jpg

schild_02.jpg

schild_03.jpg

I like the looks of it before the bedliner but I hope it serves you well

I like the looks of it before the bedliner but I hope it serves you well

I like it both ways. I think the friction of the bedliner could be advantageous.

For the record: Ballistic armor testing has been done to samples of BT23 and another armor plate ti alloy, ATI-425. I'm waiting for the footage to arrive, and should have a video of the results eventually.

What kind of protection does the shield offer? Small rounds? Large rounds?

Looks awesome either way!

I like it both ways. I think the friction of the bedliner could be advantageous.

The friction was one thought i had too and why i did it, plus i like the look. Another was to make it black and not be that visible in daylight. And of course, the bedliner helped to dampen/soften the ringing of the Ti when it was hit. It was almost like a bell really. :D

I was told that it does small rounds and of course any type of blade or blunt weapons.

Nice shield! I'm more curious about the urgency of the request.

If i'd fully explain *my* reason why i wanted it urgent, it could take a while. I had the feeling that i need a shield now and don't worry about it later when the shit hits the fan eventually. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
The friction was one thought i had too and why i did it, plus i like the look. Another was to make it black and not be that visible in daylight. And of course, the bedliner helped to dampen/soften the ringing of the Ti when it was hit. It was almost like a bell really. :D

I was told that it does small rounds and of course and type of blade or blunt weapons.

If i'd fully explain *my* reason why i wanted it urgent, it could take a while. I had the feeling that i need a shield now and don't worry about it later when the shit hits the fan eventually. If that makes any sense.
Hopefully you won't need it, but if you do, best of luck!

I was told that it does small rounds and of course any type of blade or blunt weapons.

I'll bet the bedliner catches some of the spalling and splashing from bullets as well......

looks good....

It was getting whacked with all kinds of exotic armor-piercing stuff. Tungsten-cored rounds, greenie weenies, etc., a lot of bullet stuff that's out of my wheelhouse. I need to get the details and footage and sort it out, but apparently it can stop almost anything that comes out of a handgun, and some rifle stuff too.

Conclusions were made.

This is all in preparation for, eventually, titanium-based body armor made by me n' Ms. Oye! :eek::D

Back