Gouge, let us know

I doubt you will be able to post for a while, but please do ASAP just so we know you are OK!

Hey Guys,

Deb and I are fine. We probably wont have power for several more days. Our large pecan tree fell onto our power lines and snapped off 5 ft of the pole.I havent slept in 4 days and feel like a zombie.

Grocery stores have started to open and a gas station here and there. I guess some looting has started to happen near were I live. A bait and tackle store was broken into and all the guns were stolen:mad: .

My wife and i have been sharing food and supplies with the neighbors since we lost power.It's been like a long campout. Its actually nice to see the stars again. I've got to get out of the city.

I'll post some pretty cool pictures tommorrow. I drove around during the height of the storm taking pictures. I feel very lucky that the storm weakened. Had it been more that just a tropical storm we would be looking at a month or more without power.as it was I almost got trapped by downed trees and power lines.Had to make a new rode through some fellows front yard with my 4wd to get past trees and lines . He probably didnt care about the grass as his house had a tree in the middle of it.

I sure miss my electric fan. I cant sleep in the dead quiet. Hope everyone is okay.

Mark

Glad to hear from you Mark. I was worried. Jane is a NOAA storm spotter and we went to the beach to watch it start and followed it back to Hanover. Bad storm.....I took gas and supplies to Charles City and New Kent Saturday and was thinking about bringing some to you but didn't have your address.
Sorry but I've already loaned our generator out.
Remember to boil water, eat light and shoot looters!:D

Let me know if you need anything and I'll try to get it to you!

Thanks Peter,

It's amazing how much damage everybody got. Just hope they get the juice back on soon. I'm using a car battery with 2 12vdc muffin fans to try to sleep with. Better than nothing I guess.

Glad everyone is safe

Mark

Mark and Deb---thankful that you folks are OK. Peter seems to be a good friend and I'm glad he is OK,too! Sandy

Originally posted by Gouge
[BI sure miss my electric fan. I cant sleep in the dead quiet.
Mark [/B]

Hey Mark, obviously your wife doesn't snore as loud as mine, drowning out all other noises. Glad you guys are okay. :)

Back