• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOG Government Very Good Conditon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are these people questioning it, other than you? Thanks for your 2 cents.....

I'm questioning it... you're more than welcome sell your knife for whatever price you choose. However, misrepresenting a knife to make a sale is different obviously.

Simple yes or no... is the knife blued or not ? If so I would suggest that you take additional pictures that capture the bluing, the pictures you have provided in this thread and on eBay appear to be satin.

Also, concerning the eBay link, it says the following "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing", I'm curious as to what the error was.

My apologies in advance if I'm sounding like an ass but you have to understand my concern when you're attempting to sell a knife for $3000 that doesn't appear to be what you claim it is.

I'm interested if an actual recon. Can you take photos in good lighting and not in hand? Your initial photos make it look satin and the rest are either taken in terrible lighting or in the absolute shadow of the knife.

I took it to a local "expert" and I am big enough to admit I was wrong. Everyone should understand that there was no intentional deceit, I am not that kind of person. Apologies to those that I was unkind to, my eagerness got the better of my judgement. It is a normal SOG Government and I will probably just keep it as I really like the knife. On a side note, speaking of gun blue knives. Picked up a Tsunami seki mint with box. Not sure if I am color blind but I swear that it appears to be gun blue. Really cool knife very early I think it is a good find. Anyone know anything about the very early Tsunami? See pictures below

Like most people looking at this thread, I agree: the blade looks satin.

Between your poor attitude (especially towards those who try to help with your sale) and your less than poor photography skills, good luck selling this blade for 3k.

Before you try to school anyone on what gun blue means, learn to show some respect for this community. This is not eBay where you can try to unload misrepresented stuff counting on some people's ignorance.

Gun blue is usually nearly black.

Here is a blued revolver on the right vs a non-blued on the left.
maxresdefault.jpg

Way to teach how to be respectful Tek, please read previous posts before making an ass out of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back